Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sticky Licky - Scratch it off my "Bucket List"

Do you remember when -
you first stuck your tongue on a frozen metal object? I do, I'm not sure how old I was? I was down at my
friend's house and waiting for her at the door to come out and play. They had a big metal "screen saver" on their
door with the fancy letter "S" on it. It was the Fashion of the time to have your last name initial on your door,
don't ask me why.

So, I was bored (imagine that!!) and what else is there to do but stick your tongue on something?
I don't really remember much after that (no I didn't pass out!) but I'm not sure how my tongue got back
in my mouth or if it really hurt or for how long.

So in order to understand the WHOLE concept "we" set out to determine what exactly the "big deal' is.
Armed with a camera (my co-conspirator-would was film crew only) and a mug of hot water - not
TRUSTED to my photographer, we set out to do the unthinkable! G

1/19/08 - Sunny - Actual Temperature = ZERO

Of course "B" had to come along for the show, but Sal chose to stay in the van and shake his head. I'm
sure there were several eye rolls involved as well.

Our chosen "object" was a street post, however after careful consideration we we're sure if a tongue would
stick to a painted pole. So we made the decision to use the good old chain link fence post. I was going to
have to knee of course, but that was probably more comfortable anyway. So I got into position I noticed,
yellow snow, about 18" from my post. At least her dogs are short. Buck up!! G

So I leaned into the post for Meme to get a couple test shots with "no attachment". I knew this was going to
work as my nose wanted to stick! G So she was ready. Deep breath and press tongue full bore onto the post.

Hum, it was interesting. At first I wasn't quite sure if it was sticking.....but as I tested it a couple times...yep stuck.
Meme is clicking away and I hear "B" say, "pull back". Meme's says, "NO". But of course I do, slightly. I
should have pulled back further I guess. G

I had given my water to "B" as I couldn't find a correct angle to dump it without having to pull back too far. So
after many grunts of "pour" they finally understood I wanted to be turned loose. SLOW LEARNERS! Of
hind sight, I should be glad he poured and all and why didn't I think of saying "apple". UGH!!! I hate those
missed opportunities! (For those of you that DON'T get the "apple" joke, hold your tongue and say it out loud)

I'm happy to report that the tongue came off the fence very easily with the application of hot water. I didn't
really feel much when it was attached. Only the feeling that it was definitely STUCK! Having a way out was
cheating I must admit. My tongue felt like it was numbed by Novocaine. Kind of tingly. It took about 15
minutes to loose that feeling.

It was fun and why would I do it? Well, because it was There!!! G


No comments: