Sunday, January 13, 2008

Do you like Pain?

I mean honestly, do you like pain? Hopefully, most of you are saying no. If you do, read on and I'll tell you how you too can have pain in the privacy of your own home. You would think having the thin lining of your eyeball removed would be bad enough. Oh sure, the glare is painful at times and your eye waters and sometimes you have to wear sunglasses inside......but let me share with you the worst of it. It's the FREAKING TAPE!!

Yes, an innocent looking roll of tape. This stuff is so sticky it could hold two of those super glue construction guys to that beam with no sweat! UGH!!! I'm suppose to wear this eye shield for one week after surgery. Fine, I can do that. Hello, could you find some other way to attach it!

Now let me be clear, it's not the going on of the tape that's the problem, it's the coming off. Or more correctly, it's desire to want to come off. I swear I've exceeded the safety limit for skin peels. OUCH!!!

Here's another question. Are you a ripper or a slow tugger. Me, I'm a ripper, all the way. Just one fast tug and it's gone! Same with cold water, honestly, what the heck are those people thinking with that tip toeing in crap. Makes me want to get behind them and push already. (rats, off topic)

So tonight I really need to come up with a new plan. I can not put that tape on my face one more time and I'm guessing putting the shield on my other eye won't help much. The only thing I can come up with is vet wrap. I think the only color I have it orange. It will be MUCH cooler looking than the tape and it will come off easier.

I understand the need for the shield, I even woke up last night thinking I was scratching my eye. Obviously the shield hadn't gone anywhere.

Been doing some scrap booking and here's one of Mad I took last September in Jester.

No comments: