Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Honestly....WHY MUST ONE TRAIN!!!

This morning as I'm doing my "training" on the treadmill I got to thinking about WHY you must train? I mean honestly, does ANYONE find this fun?? ANYONE!!! Speak up NOW! (Obviously I have a LOT of time to be thinking while I'm hoping that 3 tenths of a mile goes by quickly)

I've come to the conclusion that I LOVE TO COMPETE. LOVE IT. It's the training I could do without. Especially when it comes to sweating and sucking wind. I just don't get how people can say they LOVE TO RUN! Now, granted it is rather a good feeling when you finish and you look at your progress and you could only run 5 mph for a short time and now you're doing 6-7 regular short intervals and even a 8pm 3 - tenth today and a 9 - 2 tenth mile as well. But during that time all you can think about is "when can I slow the beast down!!!!" G

The down side is you do all that work and you've only burned HOW MANY CALORIES!!! BH!!

I am honestly hopeful that since I've taken this step I'll never turn back. I've also come to the realization that I will never be a marathon runner. ( I know never say never) but I'm not cut out for that kind of thing. (WAY TO MUCH COMMITMENT) I prefer the short easy stuff so let's just do the 5K maybe 10 K and maybe someday a 10 mile.....but the 26 mile runs I'll leave to the ponies, or better yet a car. Honestly people, you have a perfectly good car....use it! G

Sometimes I think about the enormous amount of energy I'm wasting and I'm not really working that hard. If only we could channel all that energy into electricity. Why have the health clubs NOT thought of this!! How great would it be to have your paying customers also providing you electricity? Like I said....a LOT of time for thinking on the treadmill.

So this morning while I'm doing my 2 - tenth at 9 mph (trust me that's freaking FAST) I got to visualizing my sister and me running our 5K together......we are stride for stride and Sis looks over and says, "How you doing" with a grin I look back and say, "The real question is - How are YOU doing." HA!! I thought it was pretty funny at the time and it got me through that 90 seconds of running. I guess that's what counts.

No comments: