Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hail Mary Corner has been plowed!!

Yes, I know - you know your life has come to an all new low when getting a
big drift that has made your travels "iffy" at best has been plowed.
(I think this might just fit into the category of...You Know You're a Red Neck if..)
Apparently our maintainer guy ran out of vacation time? G

I did have to power through HMC this am, but obviously made it to
work!! Of course Carrie now has packed snow inside her wheels which not only makes
it feel like your driving on a corn cob, it also loosens your fillings!
Hopefully that will clear up this weekend following the "great thaw".
That's if you can believe the weathermen of course!

Today's treadmill stats.....A new "best"!!! 3.62 miles - 516 calories and 88 carbs.
Not totally impressive, but since 6 minutes of the 40 are spent
walking...NOT BAD!!! One moment of scariness to report as I almost had
a "fall off"......and I did NOT S...although it would have been
appropriate!

In order to keep Myrtle happy we had our heat up higher than our normal
60 degrees at night temp. So of course while I'm running (at 4:20 am this am)
it's warmer than normal and I'm getting hot in my hoodie. If you ever learn ONE
thing from me "not to do" this might be it! It's best NOT to remove a ss on a
treadmill while running at 7 mph. UGH!!!

Let me try and describe the results. Radio "playing" a slightly out of "focus" song by
one of my favorite bands "Disturbed" 10000 fists, I believe. I make the decision
that the ss needs to GO! Do I just step on the side rail and remove it?
Oh no...that would make too much sense. So while running I cross my arms and
grab the lower part of the ss. As I'm drawing up said ss I start to lose momentum
and balance. On foot hits the side rail,one arm flies to the grip bar, but it's
inside the hoodie. A couple thumps later and somehow I'm back up right and ss is
on the floor. I'm not sure if I "blacked" out but the same song was back on and
I was still running. JL!!

Head off to the OD's off (NO, not Over Dose silly).....eye dr (but not smart enough to do surgery kind. Anyway, for my pre-eye surgery exam. So you know how when they do your eye test they say, (pick one or two) and you're suppose to tell them which is clearer? If you don't answer within a few seconds he flips it back and forth again, 1 or w. Well, apparently I wasn't staying very focused because he said, "5 or 6" and I knew which was was clearer, I just couldn't remember what numbers we were on!! LOL He thought that was pretty funny too. G

It's windy out here! I know BIG surprise!! South Slope has been out trying to fix
the buzz in our phone line. They are pretty nice. One guy, Dave, really likes
Cougar. He said while they were out earlier today he was crawling up his pant
leg and crawling inside his bibs. That cat is SMART!!!

Need to run and help one BC puppy, Seeker. He's trying to figure out how to get
the ball off the bottom of the wobble board. (you know - that piece of plywood that has a ball bolted to the bottom so puppies get use to the movement.

Oh, I honestly hate to report it's
NOT Seeker, it's Mad and Kruz.
How SAD is that!

They were suppose to be the smart ones!!

No comments: