Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I FELL OFF THE WAGON!!

Okay, just once.....and I really needed to!! It was bad, it was the "F' word and I don't mean "fart".....more on that later.

First my "running" stats....3.19 miles, 40 minutes (I know...SLOW!!!) 436 calories and 72.6 carbs. I've been battling "shin splints" trying to go too far, too fast with too much incline. So, I took a week off and just did some walking.....now I'm back on track starting with zero incline and more speed. I'll gradually add incline back next week...maybe. G

Today I had plenty of occasions to Swear!!! Let's see, there's "running" on the treadmill and running out of water 1/2 way through. There's noticing the treadmill really does have a little "track" element that I told Dawn "wasn't there". DUH!!! There was the trip to work in which I had to turn around because there was a drift "way too high" for Carrie. Then to find out there's another at the intersection that I have no choice but to back up, (Keep in mind it's dark and I can't tell where the road is as the ditches are full) make a sign of the cross, close my eyes and make a run for it. I made it BTW and had to go through it again on my way home tonight. Our "maintainer" is MIA. Mental note - look for rosary beads for tomorrow.

So I get home and guess what! Myrtle is moaning....AGAIN!! Ugh. Call Bill to ask him to PLEASE pick up some heat tape. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. He asked me to go and plug in the space heater under the crawl space (hey, on the bright side at least it wasn't already on! G) He has a 50' cord for a 15' project....so I can't find the end. That's where I slipped and I knew it right when it came out. Hey, 36 hrs isn't too bad and I'm now back on the wagon.

Another than that a pretty uneventful day, dogs are stir crazy from being inside and I'll have to play with Rex for awhile. He needs to learn some tricks!

Have a great evening!

No comments: