Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January 1st 2008!!

Wow, where did last year go? Do you have your New Year's Resolution yet? I gave up swearing....aka: S from now on. Yes, I talk like a sailor and nothing is more rewarding than firing off a list of 4 letter words (trying not to duplicate in the same sentence is a dying art. G) It's been 9.5 hrs and I have yet to S.

In my case (sense I'm a horrible addict), I am allowing myself to Mind S. Meaning I can say it to myself in my head....but it can't come out my mouth. Insert S word of choice here.

Hey, it's only been 9.5 hrs, what could possibly happen to make you want to S already? Well, at 1:05 Kruz (the Border Collie) needed to go outside. Apparently Bill didn't put him out before he when to bed. UGH....one! So out he goes....GOOD BOY!

At 3:15 I hear that "universal" noise that gets everyone sitting straight up in bed (except Bill of course)....Kruz has the dry heaves. I run him to the door and it wasn't so dry. RATS!

So up in the morning to feed to ponies! Holy cow it's cold and windy! Didn't S!! Sometimes I think of the strangest things (maybe I'm not the only one?) Like, wonder what it would feel like to put my tongue on that gate? I know I did that when I was a kid, but I don't really remember the sensation. Hum, wonder if I should add that to my list of 25 things to do before I die? I'll think about it. Today would be a great day to give that a try.

Back inside, still no coffee - need to run first.

Then I'm going to do my "running"....I use that term very loosely as I am NOT a runner. That would be my sister Dawn. Please don't confuse us. I like to let other animals do the work, ponies in general. They sweat, I ride. Long story short, I told her I'd run a 5 K with her this spring (3.1 tiny little miles). Sorry, got off track, (shiny object)....So I grab the little weather radio off the top of the fridge (I'm getting tired of looking a the wall) Let me discribe it to you. It's black, about 5 inches by 7 inches, dusty (it has been hauled outside and to trials), it's antena is broken off and best of all, it runs on batteries!! So, I set it to my favorite rock station (rock 108) and off I go. Let me tell you, the reception isn't that great and it's pretty hard to adjust at 6 pmh (don't laugh, that's faster than you think!!!) So 40 mintues of "running" later.....I still have the static buzzing in my ear. Yes, I did look for a new radio! In this age of IPods and such I don't know if they even make them anymore! I did a quick search at W (that place that sells all the goods from China) last time I was there.....nope, couldn't find it and was too lazy to ask.

So I'm doing my thing on the treadmill, listening to God Smack through static (Bill would say that's an improvement!) In comes the BC puppy - Seeker with a toy. Gee, big surprise. He's dancing around trying to get my to play with him. I reach down to pet him (I did put on hand on the bar for safety!!) and he jumps up, one of his feet hits the belt and he's tossed down to the end of the treadmill. I laughed, pretty funny. So he comes back (not terribly smart)....with his toy and drops it on the belt so I'll throw it. Well, as you can imagine it shoots to the end of the treadmill. Seeker has now realized he has his own "pitching machine" as it were, so he enjoyed a game of fetch. I guess he's not so dumb after all. I mean honestly, I'm the one on the darn thing burning calories and not getting anywhere. How smart am I??

Today will be a day of relaxation and doing some of my favorite things. This will NOT involve cleaning. I have a crochet project to work on and I'll pop in a couple John Wayne movies for fun. Rio Grande for sure! Love that movie.

Enough blogging for now....boy, what a way to start the year. With a New BLOG!! I just got a "tracker" cell phone in July. A computer in September. I can only imagine what 2008 will bring.

Here's to a safe and fun 2008!!!

No comments: