Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Moaning Myrtle STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Oh for crying out loud! Am I the only one with a frozen toilet!! I came home early today in order to baby sit Myrtle. My only job was to flush once an hour whether I "needed" to or not. CRAP!! (no I didn't!!!) I apparently didn't flush often enough as the little witch (I say in the most loving tone) froze up on me! UGH!! So heat lamp and space heater are trying to work their magic in an ever losing battle of the frozen pipes.

Blizzard conditions out here right now (4:41 pm) and I am so NOT lying. I have never seen anything like this. I wanted to make some cookies, but no eggs in the fridge. Bill should be pulling into the lane any minute. I hope he makes a run to the chicken house on his way in. VBG We'll see. I'm thinking once he's in he'll be done. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I keep looking out at the big Cottonwood tree, I think this would be the day the top would come down. At least we'd have wood for the bonfire.

Looking at "big girl" cameras today, but I'm think Bill will think they are a little too pricey and point out that I don't need to keep up with the "M". I reassured him that I'm not and I'm trying to keep up with "S". LOL That didn't get me very far either, so for now I'm just going to sit back and drop a LOT of hints. G

I down loaded a Pirate computer game via Disney today. WOW!! Talk about directions!! I think I'll be retired before I can actually play it. No wonder kids are so computer smart! YIKES!

I did get on the treadmill this am. The inside of my legs why up front are as sore as can be. It's all I can do to walk. Not from running....it's from that short pony ride Sunday. Who would have thought that little bit of riding and posting would cause so much pain!! But I jumped on the TM at 4 am and did 2.88 miles (I know, not much) Mostly at a walk, I'd walk (hobble) 2 - 10ths and then run 1 - 10th.

TM's can be so boring that I have to make up my own little game. I'd walk, then do my 10th at 5 mph, then walk, 6mph, walk, 7 mph. You get the idea. My fastest setting is 10 mph and I've never been brave enough to use it. This am I thought what the "H" so.....I did a 10th at that speed....TWICE!! Trust me, it couldn't slow down fast enough. G

Looks like Poppa is home.....better go and remind him about the eggs I need! Wish me LUCK!!
OMG!!! He's heading that way!! G

Okay,I know I'm sadistic. I had to go watch out the south window. He made it to the chicken house. On his way back he's ducking down to keep his face out of the wind. I thought I'd better send out reinforcements (aka the search and rescue team)....SEEKER! G He barrels out so now Bill is trying to protect the eggs and his um...privates. LOL Along with ducking from the wind. They all made it safely back inside, so now off to make some cookies for this weekend. Peanut Butter with chocolate chips.

No comments: