Monday, June 29, 2009

Niece and Nephew's FIRST TRI EVENT!!

A report from my Sister on what the kids were up to this weekend. I of course was at an agility trial!! Go figure! I miss birthday, holidays, weddings, (haven't missed a funeral yet)...due to dog events, but they keep me filled in on the details. You've got to love digital pictures!! I will be heading to the Fair in July to watch them show their calves at fair. I have to attend some events as these are the kids that will be picking out my nursing home!! G
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daphne (12)and Vaughn (8) completed their first triathlon on Saturday morning.
Daphne was on a team, where she was the runner and they took 2nd place.
Vaughn did all 3 events and took 1st place in boys ages 7 to 9.
It was our club's (Team BEAST) first year of hosting a youth triathlon for kids.
The trophies say "I did all 3", as do the shirts.
It was VERY FUN!!!
The kids had a great time and we ended up with 53 races.
Vaughn got a trophy and a first place towel.
He'll be keeping that out of Tammy's reach!


Vaughn and Daphne



Daphne and her teammates. This is the way to do a TRI!!!!
Good thinking!



Daphne doing the 3rd leg of the race - the RUN!!!


Vaughn doing the 1st leg, the swim!!!


The Transition from pool to bike.


The Bike is the second leg of the race.



GREAT JOB KIDS!!!

4 comments:

tervnmal said...

That is so cool! Do not ever let these kids run agility. I do not need another kid kicking my butt! GGG

Marsha K. said...

Here I was reading this thinking I am such a lazy heifer and then MARTHA has to go and mention agility! Tell me they will NOT be doing agility!!!

Seriously - what a GREAT JOB guys!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool to see kids involved in stuff like this. Great job. You two rock. I think Aunt Tammy is pretty proud. And I actually think a 20" agility dog would be perfect for both of you. I know a great place to train.

Got Syzygy said...

Vaughn would actually LOVE an agility dog. He likes to play with Seeker when he visits and wants a dog 'just like him'. Of course...that was until his mom explained that you actually have to train them to be like that...they don't come that way!! G