Monday, June 15, 2009

Baby Birds - House Sparrows are HATCHED!

3 of the 4 eggs hatched over night. I checked them yesterday afternoon when we got home and a couple of them had started to crack. Mom wasn't around, so I picked out the 4 eggs to examine them closer. I know....momma birds HATE ME! G


This morning, mom was missing again, so I pulled back the leaves to have a peek. Three little mouths came popping up! So, I had to run and get the camera before she came back.

I wanted something for 'scope', these little guys are TINY!!
My finger didn't work too well!! LOL


The Robins left before I could get another picture of them.
I took Terry over to see them Thursday evening and they were 'bursting' out the sides of the nest. Sunday evening they were gone and the nest empty. It's amazing!! Only two weeks from the time they hatched and they are out of the nest!!

I'll keep a closer tab on these little sparrows!!!