Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 3 - Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!

NOT!!!

When you have two gardens and several hundred feet of fence line
bordered with Hostas and Sedum -

ROUND UP is a girls BEST FRIEND!

Today was an "outside day".
It was sunny, dry and until about noon the wind was mild.
A great day for ROUND UP!!

I started off my morning with a Swim. It is Wednesday after all and what do I do on MWF when I'm on vacation? I go to the pool! This morning, I'll be honest....I almost didn't go. I guilted myself into it knowing I'd feel bad later on in the day if I didn't go.

So, we're swimming a while and Wilma blows her whistle. We all know what that means!! Too many people, we need to swim in 'circles' around your lane. There are 4 lanes and you have to keep the blue strip on your left. Works for me...Wilma, which lane do you want me in? She sends me to lane #1 for the 'fast' people and sends Hannah over too. WAIT!!! NOT HANNAH! OMG!! Hannah is about 16, she's on the swim team and makes me work WAY too hard for her NOT to lap me! UGH!! Luckily, that only lasted about 4 laps and Wilma blew her whistle again. "Now what???" Go bad to the way we were, that was too confusing she says. TG!! Truth be told, I think she just wanted to try out her whistle.

So, Hannah moves to the middle of the pool with her friend and " boston marathon women" moves next to me. EXCELLENT! She's 37 and I can SO LAP HER!! LOL
So I make my own personal challenge that I have to lap (aka - pass) her 5 times before I can leave. That made me swim harder without having to kill myself. DONE!!!

I knew today would be an outside day as it's suppose the rain the next couple. That's fine as I have that bedroom to finish up. It's getting there!! I need more paint for the doors and the floor. Maybe Bill will get that for me tomorrow?

I weeded the gardens, spray painted the tire frame and re-taped the tire.
Sure is Purdy!

It was noon and time for a sandwich!

I needed a shower and had just grabbed a change of clothes when someone pulled into the lane. One of the siding estimate people! UGH!! It takes a while for them to do the measuring and answering their questions and what not. Finally I get back in the house a second car pulls in! Another estimate! OMG!!! I'm getting NOTHING done!

It's now 220 and I haven't even had LUNCH!! Let along a shower!!! I wanted to get to the pond today, but it's not looking promising. The dogs have a chiro appointment at Sue Ann's at 4. So, I shove my sandwich in my mouth, grab a shower, check on the ponies and grab the dogs to head for our appointment.

Class tonight and then I think I'll call it an evening!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

that is one PURDY tire!!!

tervnmal said...

You will be so glad to get back to work and just hold your chair down.