Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day Two - The Accident!

It was bound to happen!!

Put one clumsy ox of a women and 3 dogs in a bedroom with open paint containers
and LOOK OUT!! It's gonna GO!!! I only wish I could blame the dogs!!!! G

It's was about 7 am and I'm painting the ceiling......it's getting rather stuffy in the room and there's a nice breeze coming from the East. (Yes Carrie, when I'm at home, I KNOW my directions! G) So, I hop off the ladder, obviously don't look where I'm going and kick over the metal can (yep, it was older paint - plastic cans now!) in my stocking feet. Amazingly enough, I did NOT swear!!! I think I said, "Oh No" or something to that effect. I immediately hear 12 paws running up the old wooden stair case, in response to this, I start yelling, "no no no no"....they retreat. TG! Meanwhile, Bill is down stairs and I'm upstairs scooping paint back into the can with my hands!! UGH!! The carpet was going to get trashed anyway, (it's just a 6 - 8' length about 3' wide) I just wish I'd have vacuumed it so that the paint doesn't have extra 'texture'. I covered the wet spot with some plastic until I can get the dresser off the carpet to pick it up. It makes it a bit of an obstacle course, but functional.


I have two main helpers. Kruz is the only smart one, he stays downstairs most of the time.
Mad likes to lay on the bed in the middle of the room or under the ladder.
She doesn't move either, you must move 'around' the Princess!

Seeker generally stays out of the 'smelly' paint room and in the 'blue room' next door.
That's where all the furniture from this room went.
He found a spot and is generally laying out flat.
Up until this afternoon he's been doing pretty good about keeping his tail out of the paint.
He's turned tri now, however, as he must have brushed up against a wet wall.
Looks like a trip to the pond is due!!


The painting is going pretty well. I'm not sure I like the 3 color combo in an old house, it just doesn't fit. Too modern I guess? Oh well, it's STAYING!! I will NOT repaint. G

Bill had to track down the ladder last night. Our wooden 6' ladder is missing. (I think someone stole it!! LOL) He found the 8' wooden ladder however, and it has all the foot rungs and the 6' one is missing the bottom one, so this works!
Our ceilings are either 10 or 11', I can never remember, so an 8' ladder works just fine.

The only problem is, it's missing the tray holder too! G
That makes it interesting.
I used the top step and if you're careful (yep, that's me!!) you can get away with it.

I'm pretty sure these ladders both came from dear ole Dad too.
I'm pretty sure he really does love me??????
Remember, he found me the iron bed for $5? Well, I'm thinking these he picked out of some one's garbage on amnesty day. I'm NOT making that up!!
(I wonder what nice item I can find him for Father's Day??)

A few more things you should know about this 8' ladder.
Look CLOSELY!
It's Total RED NECK!
Yes, that is Duct tape holding that piece of wood together.
You can't really tell from this shot, but there's a bolt that is suppose to be holding that leg at the top of the ladder. Um, guess what, if you pick the ladder up and set it down again, it's on 3 legs. You have to make sure that 4th one is back on that bolt!!
As far as stability. It's NOT there! G
Martha would NOT keep her lunch down on this baby!
But it was FREE and it's FUNCTIONAL!
A quality item!

Today's Accomplishments...and the night is still young!

* Painted the ceiling and the carpet.

* Started clicker training the ponies. They work for carrots!

* Ran to Walmart

* Lunch with Peggy

* Fabric store to get material for curtains.

* Worked both ponies.

* Painted the 3 walls.
Backed into a wet wall twice.
I wonder if Terry would hire me part time?

* Ate some strawberry cake and coffee....waiting for paint to dry....(not watching...waiting)

Tonight - need another coat of paint on 3 walls and make curtains!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me tired just reading this. Can only imagine what Day 3 will bring.

tervnmal said...

Tammy. Wobbly ladder. Open paint can. Three dogs. What could possibly go wrong? How long does it take the Newhall ambulance service to get to your house?