Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Warming up ...or not??

It's warming up!! Well, kind of. Is anyone else "less" then impressed with the "warmer" temps? I'm not sure what I was expecting, well, I guess I do. A light warm breeze, sun warming the skin and making you want to put on a T-Shirt for the first time in 7 months. NOT!!! GEEZ!!! It's cloudy, chilly, windy and wet! Who's idea was this anyway!! Okay, granted, it is above freezing. Just enough to turn the solid ice into crusty mush with solid ice still stubbornly hanging on like a box elder bug on the toilet bowl. Oh....speaking of which.........

Today (I left early.....another topic) and I get home around 1. I take off my pullover (TMI) and notice a box elder is attached to it. Do you suppose he's been there all day?? JL!! Things that make you go ......hum. Luckily my pull over was a orange/black berber thing and he matched pretty well.

So I came home early as Julie down the road wanted to ride the ponies. Since it's been several weeks since they've been out and it's suppose to be NICE I said, you bet!! I get home early in order to clean the barn a bit and be ready to go. I arrive home to find out she can't secure a sitter, so rats, no ride. No big deal, I can still get the barn cleaned, get my running in and sit on my arse.

I bring in the ponies so I can clean the barn. They happily come in and eat their pony pellets while I clean. Of course once the crunchies are gone they are ready to be let out, pawing and banging on their stall doors. Honestly, who's ponies are you and what have you done with my well behaved ones?? So I figure they should probably be taught some patience and I tie each of them in their stall figuring it would be good for them. So when I get done I turn them loose and they are bucking and farting. JL!! Glad you're NOT going riding. I want my nice ponies back!

So I get into the house and Julie called, "found a sitter, I'll be up at 4". Okay, well, still enough time to do my 40 minutes on the treadmill. I get off the and then get another message, "Sitter backed out" JL!!! Make up your mind!! LOL That was just fine with me as now I really need a shower and it's cold and windy.

Sal just got home and couldn't get the van under the lean as there's a big patch of ice there. So, can someone tell me again....when is it going to really warm up??

No comments: