Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday BOYS!!!!


Happy 10th birthday to our boys, Ollie 3/7, Kruz 3/19 and Robin 4/18!! How in the heck did those 10 years go by so fast!! We're happy to report they are all still active in agility!! This weekend in Des Moines we had a party with banners, posters and CAKE!!! Okay, so the cake was for the people, sorry BOYS!! G

Of course when we all get together there's usually a story or two that need to be shared!! G For instance, I was the last one to the hotel, UGH!! So while checking in alone (Sal was coming in later that evening), the clerk tells me that they do not have any rooms on the first floor and that she hopes the second floor will be okay. Now honestly, what choice would I really have!!

Of course, I've been around the block a few times and I know how this whole "system" works. I ask her if they have an elevator, she says they do and points it out to me. Then she asks, why?? I tell her that my husband will be joining me later and that he's on crutches. "Oh, let me check again, I might have a room." SURPRISE!! One is available. I know I'm going straight to hell, Sal's NOT on crutches. That's okay however has that's where all my friends will be!!!! G

I learned several things over the weekend. If you grew up Catholic and don't eat meat on Friday you'll get TWO DQ's!! Man, if I could give that walking taco back I would have!! G Someone remind me next year!! HA!!

I also learned that Terry and Paula are pretty good runners! We all ran a mile together, of course they had a little help from their dogs pulling them at the start. They sure had fun.....I think....I KNOW the dogs LOVED IT!!!! I made two - one mile trips and Seeker is a FANTASTIC running partner. I'm questionable as to whether I could do that trek 3 times without stopping. I guess I'd better keep running!! I'm still waiting for that runners high. I'm thinking some margs might help??

We had a human birthday to celebrate today as well, Rilda turned 29....AGAIN!! I'm not sure how she does it!! She also celebrated her 1 year anniversary of NOT SMOKING!!!! FANTASTIC!!! I think she started smoking at 6 months, so this is quite a feat for her!! BRILLIANT!!!!



There were SO MANY wonderful runs this weekend, many clean and a lot of "purt a nears". It was nice to see so many friends again and to know winter is truly almost over!! One that sticks out was Liz and Scamp who had to show off her "Lizzy Layer", I sure wish I had "flipped" it for posting, it was WONDERFUL!!! I think they might have had a truly PERFECT weekend, 6/6, GO MEMA!!!

Kruz had a wonderful time watching all the dogs running. His typical face is posted below...I think the caption would read, "Can you believe that handler did that!!"


The 2007 puppies, Seeker and Cozzie are getting SO big. You forget how fast they grow and need to remember they are still babies, even though they look like grown up dogs. Boy, does time FLY!!!! Maybe they'll be running next year?? Won't that be FUN!

Seeker



Cozzie

No comments: