Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday MAD DOG!!




To celebrate Mad's Birthday today, we all made a trip to the Dairy Queen!!! YUMMY!! Of course, with Kruz's birthday tomorrow we celebrated that as well. Seeker just reap the ice cream rewards and they were all pretty sure we should make a repeat trip tomorrow. SORRY GUYS!!! G

We arrive at the DQ and placed our order, one chocolate Malt, one snicker blizzard (hold the chocolate syrup) and 3 baby cones. Yep, it's a big day in our dog's life's when they do not need to share a small plain vanilla sundae between them. (and eat off the same spoon!!!) So, we put "our "ice cream in the van and proceed to unload the 3 dogs.


We decide to take them out front by the orange picnic tables, it's 36 degrees outside, so we're pretty sure no one else will be lining up to use them. We put the dogs on a sit and put the cones in front of them (just out of reach) as some kind of doggie torture. It was fun, they were NOT amused!




I get a couple pictures before Mad decided to just lay down and GO FOR IT!! Like we're NOT going to notice she's licking the top of her cone. GEEZ!!!

Kruz our Catholic/Jewish son thinks he's guilty and he's REALLY sorry Mad is breaking the rules!!!

Seeker isn't sure whether to break them or not. He thinks it's sounding like a pretty good idea however!





It's a sad day when the "puppy" is the only one that's still sitting while the other 2 are chowing down!! So Seeker digs in too! I'm trying to get the paper off of Kruz's cone, then Seeker's and OH MAN too late, Mad ate her paper already! Why am I NOT surprise!! Oh well, that too shall pass.

Now I'd kind of like to go back tomorrow and take the "flip" along to film them. I think they pretty much inhaled them. I'd take the paper off of Mad's ahead of time of course. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! G

==================================================================
Spring is almost here!! How do I know? Because today I bought my cheap 11 cent flower seeds!! I also picked up the more expensive kohlrabi seeds, potatoes and onion sets. Of course potatoes and onions are suppose to be planted on Good Friday, this did NOT happen. In fact, Easter Sunday is even questionable. I walked down to the gardens today and they are still buried in over 2 foot of snow. How do I know? Well, it's not too hard to figure out when you sink up to your knee and your boot fills with icy snow. UGH!!! Yep, Spring is ALMOST HERE!!!

As most of you are aware, when you are shopping at a farm store you'll hear county music. I can deal and I'm generally able to block it out. As I'm boot shopping however, to my horror there's a country music song on that I actually know who sings it!!!! OMG!!! Make the instanity STOP!!!
Give me some "HellYeah" and Alkoholin ass. G

I do most of my seed shopping at a local farm store. I just love farm stores, they have so many FUN things. I am NOT a shopper, but I was in that store for over 45 minutes. I think that's a record! Of course they have their winter clearance clothes up front along with the boots. (I have a farm boot obsession) So I have to go through all of those to see what I can find. All the boots were too big!! RATS!!! I did find a new hoodie however, just what I needed.

I then moved over to the seed section and went to town picking out different flowers for around the garden. FUN FUN FUN!! Then, some amazing thing happens.....I can't believe what I find!! Not only that...I can't believe I walk away from it! It's a GIANT JUMBO Tomato cage, and it's ORANGE!!! HONEST! Who would have ever thought? Alas....I left it for someone else to pick up. Maybe it will be on clearance in July?? Hum...........

Yep.....Spring is just around the corner!

No comments: