Monday, March 24, 2008

Official Race Date UPDATE - 4/27/08

My sister Dawn called me last month to back out of the May 17th run (Don't worry, I'm still doing it!!!) I think she was afraid to give me 3 more weeks to train! HA!!

So, our new run will be Sunday 4/27 in Iowa City. I'm told they have GOOD food at the end, so I'm counting on that! I talked to Dawn yesterday, I told her my goal and asked if she was going to run with me or blow by? She said she'd run with me, but she was going to challenge me at the end. UGH!!! I'm so DEAD! Our goal, 10 minute miles, thus a time of 31 minutes.

Thus my serious training started yesterday. I really need to focus on "running" the whole 3.1 tiny little miles all at once vs. running, walking, running, walking. I will NOT walk during this race. That is my goal. NO WALKING!!

So yesterday I did 3.1 miles on the treadmill. I've discovered I need to cover the time and the distance otherwise I'm too focused on that then just "running". Today I did 3.5 miles "running" at the 10 minute mile pace. Hopefully if I stick with it I'll be able to finish without any problem. My biggest difficulty is that my shins start to hurt about 10 minutes in, but I'm able to run through it. I know I need to stretch more, but I'm just not that patient.

RUN RUN RUN RUN>>>...I'm still waiting for that runner's high. Maybe they serve "pot" at the finish line?? VBG

No comments: