Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The UNIBOOB!!!

All you ladies out there know what I'm talking about! Those sports bras that are little more than elastic straps around your chest, thereby forming one lump in the middle. Thus the uni-boob.

I have been on a quest for the perfect sports bra for longer than I care to mention. I bet I've read more articles, looked at more websites and asked more people than I did when I got my van!

I've looked at Champion, Moving Comfort, Nike, you name it, I've looked. I have yet to have the nerve to spend $35-$50 on a freaking bra! However if you add the the number of hours I've spent researching I should have just purchased one already and been done with it.

So I went to my idol, my hero, the person I'd love to be able to run like. My sister!! and Do you think Dawn Marie was any help what so ever! NO!! She told me to tell her what I end up with. Gee, thanks for the SUPPORT!! G

She did, however share a very funny story, so I thought I'd share it with all of you. Plus, this way I can find out if she even reads my blog. G


Published WITHOUT permission!!


I'm not a fan of the uniboob either, but who do I have to impress? Nobody.

Just as long as it keeps the girls from hitting my chin (not that it
would happen) I'm good. I only have purchased the target brand for $14.99.

I really should invest in something better. Let me know what you end up
with. I can't remember the name of what Kim wears but it's like $50.00.
Hello! I don't pay that for my everyday bra! :)

Let me tell you two years ago I was in CR for my class reunion. Never again boring! (I'll have to inquire more about this event.....)

Anyway I forgot my bra and needed to go for a run. I thought, "I'll run into Dollar General Picked up a cheap bra get a run in, and all will be right with the world."

Made my purchase, changed my clothes and went to run on the track at Taft Middle School. Did my run and I'm feeling pretty good. There's this Old man walking on at the track and I passed him several times. Each time I pass him he has this cheesy smile.

I finish my run......

Get back to the van looked down and HELLO!
My cheep bra had slid up over my boobs and they were being supported between my heart monitor strap and the bra that is now a chin strap!

To make matters worse I had on a yellow tank top and sweat like a pig.
OMG!! The man must have thought he was at a wet shirt contest! :)

All I can say is at least I made someone happy that day. The morale to my
story - don't by a cheep bra at Dollar General and run in a yellow tank! :)

No comments: