Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Excitement

It's been a couple months since we've been to an agility trial, so both dogs and handlers are ready to go. We're packed with plenty of food and we take off to our show site at 4:45 am. I soon discover, "CAddie" is NOT a morning person. (I'll come back to this one.)

So we arrive at the trial (close to 1st of course) and drive to the rear of the building as normal. It's NOT plowed and there's about 5" of snow. "TRip " is leading and he's slowing up to look around, I have to grab the cb and ask him to "KEEP MOVING" or Carrie (the honda) is going to get stuck. It was pretty funny as we snaked around to get back to the road. I'm pretty sure "Trip" was trying to spell DQ, but we'll never know now.

Friday's runs went well! Lots of Q's and happy dogs and handlers. The courses were nice and the numbers lower because of the weather. In fact, we worked a few classes because the "workers" from town could not get there because of the weather. HELLO!! Foreigners. Oh well, we are a rather "strange" group.

We didn't finish up until 6 that night and boy were we tired. It was all I could do to get CAddie to scrapbook. That's when she told me that she's really not a morning person. NO!!! So when I pointed out that it was only 8 PM. She advised me that she's really not an evening person either. So, then of course I felt obligated to ask - so what is your best time of day? She thought for a moment and then said, "well....late morning, before lunch, because after lunch, then I'm tired." (OH MY GOD!!) so then I have to ask, um, what time is lunch? 1130. So, it was determined that the CAddie's best most productive time is from 10:00 to 11:30. Wait until I call her employer!!! I did finally get her to scrap book for 30 minutes and then she was toast.

Saturday we arrived bright and early. TRip, BOllie and I helped set courses (no one else was there) and CAddie tried to catch some ZZZZ's. Today we had a rep and that probably didn't help move things, but we didn't get finished until 5:45 that night. UGH!! We had the "gamble" from Hell in the Exc FAST class, but Kruz nailed it. Good boy Kruz - he needed to redeem himself from the prior days class in which he had a "SR moment", but still a lot f fun.

Back at the motel, we had dinner in our room and attempted to watch the flip. CAddie was again willing to scrap book and we tried to erase color. I swear we'd spent all the privious evening on this and couldn't get it to work. So I thought it must have something to do with the new updated 6.0 version. CAddie has a black background on her laptop, so unless you are looking at it straight on it was hard to see. Finally, we're just about to give up when she realizes she had a different eraser up that was erasing ALL the layers. OMG!! I don't think I laughed that hard in a long time.

I might mention at this point that both CAddie and BOllie had the crud. I'd talked TRip into trying some effervesence back in October for colds and he must have liked it as we were not feeding this to both girls. We stopped on Saturday night for another box as I suggest it as a "preventative" medicine as well. I HATE the taste, TRip doesn't think it's that bad. For some reason he felt compelled to drop the plop plop fizz fizz into his morning OJ. HELLO!! Dumb - ba...we should have had the "flip" as it was foaming like no bodies business!! TRip drank it down, but we had fun laughing at his face as he was telling us how terrible it was. I can ONLY imagine.

Sunday it was more dusty than normal. I think it ran so late the night before that the maintance workers were already gone and no one else knew how to turn on the water and use the hose. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. BOllie wasn't feeling well she pulled Ollie from Novice.

The morning went pretty smooth and we all ran well and were ready to head home. TOTALLY oblivious to what lie ahead. In fact, in hind site I wonder if we would have skipped the PB&J talk in the parking lot and the DQ if we might not have beat it? Wouldn't that have been something! But it was not meant to be and we spent the next 6 hrs in the vans driving 30-40 mph and discussed stopping for the night. Apparently we were ALL too stubborn for that.

CAddie kept repeating how happ she was that her van (with NO name) was safely in the garage. We had a few hairy moments, but we all made it home in one piece. Who says you can't have fun driving 300 miles in an ice, sleet and snow storm. We were very surprised and slightly disappointed that we didn't see more cars in the ditches.

I'm sure I missed some funny moments, but given enough therapy I'll remember them.

Addie flat out refused to finish her MX and MXJ on Sunday....apparently she's hoping for better ribbons and a larger audience in DM.

No comments: