Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What I'm 'coming back as'!!!

I was at the vet's office yesterday waiting while Kruz and Mad had their dentals.
The vet office now has a big flat screen TV that plays Animal Planet 'non stop'. I suppose that's all well and good, but with the huge increase in their prices, I could live without it! Not to mention, I can't read a book with the TV on. Luckily I took some knitting along!!

One of the AP shows was about animals with extreme diets. I learned that I would like to come back as a HUMMING BIRD!! They eat 60 meals a day and don't gain an ounce! I think with a heart beat of 200+ per minute, Martha might already be one?

I do NOT want to come back as a whale! One species swims 6000 miles round trip to give birth in warmer waters and then swim back without eating! Hello! We can't make it 20 minutes from home with out cracking open a soda or some chips! Sorry baby, you're on your OWN!

They talked about bears going 7 months during the winter without eating, drinking or peeing!! YIKES! Seals that gained 400+ lbs so they could give birth, feed their baby up on warmer land and not feed for 3 months. Penguins males that went 3 months balancing an egg on their feet and ate snow to stay hydrated, but didn't eat! I sure hope that snow wasn't YELLOW!!! EEWWWW!!

Yep, I'm definitely coming back as a Hummingbird!

No comments: