Wednesday, December 9, 2009

7 Foods the Experts Won't EAT!!

Yahoo always lists possible articles of 'interest'.
I'll admit, I rarely read them.
Today, I DID!!
UGH

Yep, that's the title above....
7 Foods the Experts Won't EAT.

I should have left well enough ALONE!!

1. Canned Tomatoes.
They are talking tomatoes in a can.
Apparently they absorb bisphenol-A in the lining that can
cause ALL kinds of health problems.
I just finished eating a bowl of chili made with....
store bought CANNED TOMATOES!!
(Yes, I do also can my own....which is suppose
to be healthier....I just don't have that many jars!)

2. Corn Fed Beef.
Now, if you think I'm touching this
topic you're NUTS!! Besides, there was beef in my
chili....listed above! Not to mention my Brother-in-Law
is a Beef Farmer. I'm NOT STUPID!!
Need I mention Oprah here?? G


3. Microwave Popcorn.
SORRY GUYS!!
Yep, the chemicals that line the bag is
linked to testicular cancer (and other forms)
animals!! I'm not sure why these animals
are living on a mainstay of popcorn,
but that's a topic for another post.
Luckily, I rarely eat popcorn.....
unless it's covered in caramel that is!!

4. Non organic Potatoes
COME ON!!
You can't be serious!
Too many chemicals....in the ground...
Then what about carrots?

5. Farmed Salmon
Another "FINE BY ME" one here!!
They are crammed into pens and
fed improper diets.
(and Twinkies and Ho Ho's are??)
If you eat farmed salmon more than
once every 5 months you are increasing
your likelihood of cancer!

6. Milk produced with Artificial Hormones
GROWTH HORMONES!!
These cause increased infections
in udders and pus in milk.
Now THAT'S an attractive thought!
So, why doesn't this apply to cheese
and ice cream as well???

7. Conventional Apples
(Vs. Non Conventional Apples??)
Chemicals again, you need to wash and peel them.
I always thought the skin was the best part!

Well, hopefully I didn't ruin your WHOLE
evening and prevent you from that bowl
of popcorn or ice cream!
I think I'll avoid the article entitled....

13 Signs You're Obsessed With Food.



(I attached the article below - sometimes these don't work)
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/the-7-foods-experts-wont-eat-547963

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Uh oh.... since I LOVE LOVE LOVE milk... that means I've been drinking a lot of... oh yuck! That won't stop me though... I'm addicted!

tervnmal said...

Fingers firmly in ears LALALALALALALALA!