Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Need a Good Read??


This was a really fun Trilogy.
Especially if you like dogs, horses, dragons, murder and suspense.
FUN FUN FUN!!! I think they may have made a movie?
I should probably check into that, but let's face it,
movies are never as good as the books.

These would not be classified as 'Quick Reads'.
They have a lot of detail and it's just like being there.
I'd classify them in the Diana Gabaldon series.


I would guess the majority of the books I read are
"Quick Reads". They are books you really don't have to
think about much as you read them. For instance, the James Patterson
series "Cross" books are very quick reads. You don't really get to
have a sense of who people really are. Obviously after you've
read 5 or 6 you get a good sense of Alex Cross, but not
the other people in the book.

So, if you have time to read. Like to read.
Enjoy books with a LOT of detail and don't
mind carrying around a 700-800 page book (each).
These might be a good winter project for you!
Luckily, the come in paperback!




2 comments:

tervnmal said...

Those sound good. I need a good "sit in my recliner with a dog on my lap" series for winter. I am calling the library now!

Anonymous said...

There is no movie based on these books, although a rumor that one is being planned pops up now and then. You might want to check out the other books by Robin Hobb though that are set in the same world (some of which continue the story of Fitz and the Fool.) Chronologically after these three come the Liveship Traders (Ship of Magic, Mad Ship and Ship of Destiny), then there's the Tawny Man trilogy (Fool's Errand, Golden Fool, Fool's Fate) and the upcoming Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven.