Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our House in 1913!


Well, here it is!

If I didn't know it was our house, I wouldn't recognize it!!

What's up with those awesome porches on front!
Who tore them off!!!
WHY!!!

Maybe I should ask "Why on the NORTH!!"
We live on a Mountain, so it's a hill!
It's a very steep hill.
Don't believe me?
Try running up it or riding a bike up it.
(we're the red buildings on the left)



Had I seen the old picture of the house
a few weeks earlier, I might have been tempted
to go with gray siding.

We stayed with white, I know boring!

The porches are no more, I'm sure it was the 'up keep'.
I would be tempted to add them back on,
but lets face it, it would be expensive!



2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

I say put the porches back on!!! That would be awesome!!

tervnmal said...

Love those old pics. Definitely put the porches back on. And get an old car to park in front while you're at it.