Monday, November 16, 2009

I can't Drive 55!!!

Yes, it's taken me about 10 days to confess. I finally got a speeding ticket!! Before you ask, YES, I did say...."Thank you Officer and have a nice day!" I have been due a ticket for ages and realized my luck was starting fade. Let's face it, I've had 2 warnings in the last 2 years....what does that tell you! I WAS DUE!!!



Here's the sad part. I wasn't in a hurry! It was early Friday morning and I was heading to work after swimming my 30 laps. There wasn't any traffic in my lane on Hwy 151. I wasn't even listening to any hard rock!! I was listening to Susan Garrett's Crate Games of all freaking things!! LOL

I was on time, no reason to rush. Open road ahead, expect for that line of cars coming at me. Yep, that's a County Sheriff pulling over on the shoulder. I was so busted and I knew it. Pulled into the Walford Church parking lot....said a Quick Prayer that DIDN'T pay off! G

Oh well, now I'm being Joe Citizen and whining at all the people that zoom by me in the morning! That's what really hurts....Not racing with the big boys!!

So how fast was I going? Let's say he was being VERY generous when I got the 65 in a 55 ticket. Bill got some Amazon Points (Yes, POINT PIG) as you can now pay tickets on line for your convenience.

Oh, in case any of you are wondering what I drive. Her name is Carrie and she's a 2003 Silver Honda Odyssey, with 165K. Not exactly your sports car! Way to go Carrie!!

Today I'm grateful for all those officers that keep us safe. I just wish there would have been more doughnuts available that Friday morning!!! VBG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No! Did you have you "I'm Not Speeding" shirt on??? Sorry it happened. Glad they backed it down for you. SLOW DOWN!!! (yeah, like that's gonna happen).

Marsha K. said...

I think you just needed more POINTS!!!

tervnmal said...

Didn't Jill or Emilie or whatever her name is tell you to slow down? She tells you everything else. LOL