Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rilda's First 5 K!!!!!

Rilda participated in her very first 5K on Saturday!!

WAY TO GO RILDA!!!

Not only did she FINISH!!! She placed 2nd!!!!

I was actually entered, but my Master Gardener visit to ISU
(Iowa State University),
was this day as well. More on that later.
Rilda kindly stepped in for me.

It was a cross country event, and with Halloween just around the
corner, the event included 'custom contests'.

The event is called the "Muddy Monster Run" and
features Frankenstein's face as their logo.

It used to be called "The Devil's Dash", do to "PC" issues,
having nothing to do with your home computer, they changed it.

Truthfully, the Muddy Monster Logo is cuter! (':

Here are some costumes!



Rilda's Favorite shirt of the day!!


THE BIG FINISH!!!!

Way to go Rilda and MEME!!! I'm so glad you had a nice morning!!!
You both did AWESOME!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - well the next time someone (nameless for now), asks if I want to go for a walk, you can bet I will ask MORE SPECIFIC questions, instead of just saying "sure". Notes: It was a beautiful day. Beautiful park. Lots of people - we even passed a few (lol). Marsha's legs are MUCH longer than mine. Not much time to take pictures on the route (being of the competitive nature that we are). AND - I DID NOT GET ANY CHARLIE HORSES!!!!! We ate at Perkins. The waitress messed up and I got a FREE pumpkin muffin. Sat. was a good day.

tervnmal said...

She used to ask people if they wanted to go for a nice, relaxing canoe trip. I didn't get a free muffin out of that one. Glad you had fun. And survived.