Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Green House Tour

Did you guess?

It's a Carrion Flower!
It's very pretty, however smells like rotten meat!
Yes, I had to smell it!!
Yes, I was the only one 'stupid' enough to do it.

During our first "Lab", which was on Botany, we got on of these handy
dandy little magnifying glasses.
I was really impressed as it wasn't even made in China!!



Here's Karen from "Linn" County. She's under the HUGE Banana Tree.
They said sometimes it even has bananas.
Sorry Karen, you'll just have to go hungry!


Here's a 'Pitcher Plant'.
It's a carnivorous plant.
Flies or crawling insects enter and fall into a pit.
Never to return.

Yes, I wanted to stick my finger in it!
I didn't!



This is a HUGE upside downy hanging, crawling plant.
I don't know what it is, but as we say back home,
"It sure be Purdy".

What's a green house without Orchids?
There pretty, but look like WAY too much work for me!


Here's a "Iron Cross Begonia" for Martha.
This one is made in china!


Below is a gigantic Lemon.
You can see the 'normal' sized lemon on the branch to the right.


Off to Bessey Hall to learn about plant diseases!


Next time onto Entomology - AKA the study of bugs!

I'm sure you're wondering if people were looking at me kind of funny taking all these pictures.
At first I think they were, then I think they wished they would have brought there's!

3 comments:

Marsha K. said...

cool pics!! they were probably just wondering if they could get copies of YOUR photos for themselves! I can't wait to see bug pics!

Anonymous said...

What - no petunias??? That lemon would make a great pie!

tervnmal said...

Fun, fun, fun! I wonder if Paula could steal that begonia for me . . .