Sunday, October 25, 2009

ISU Visit


Saturday the Master Gardener Interns, "that would be ME", visited the ISU campus to attend classroom training and tour the ISU Greenhouses. I would estimate that over 70 "Interns" were present and the ISU staff made us all feel welcome.

I was obviously early, go figure!! It was a beautiful morning, so I took a walk about the campus.

I made a squirrel angry! I don't think that's difficult.


Here's the horse barn. Hum....I wonder how I ended up over there??


Our First class was on plant reproduction. We used Snapdragons and Gladiolas.
Here's my co-intern's flower!
OUCH!
I pressed mine in my book! G


Discussion involved what to add to your planting soil for best overall results.



The Greenhouse Tour was WONDERFUL!!! More on that tomorrow.

Here's a picture of one of the more interesting plants.

Do you know what it is??


2 comments:

tervnmal said...

The ISU campus is very pretty in the fall. It's pretty in the winter,too, but harder to appreciate when you're hiking across Little Siberia to class and freezing your bum.

Mystery plant: um, a bromeliad/milkweed cross?

Marsha K. said...

That's awesome - I wish I could have gone with you!!