Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Break From the ISU Tour......

Tomorrow night I promise to do the "Bug Post"!!!

Every thing is amazing no body's happy

Watch this clip, it is pretty funny!! We take so much for granted anymore!! We don't sit back and just enjoy life!! I'm the same way!! I enjoy a sunset for about 3 minutes TOPS and then I'm back to working on something else!

I could only DREAM - 20 years ago of being able to talk
to my friend all the way to her house!!
Now, you can't walk into a store without seeing half a dozen cell phones.
I'll be honest, I don't have a 'real' cell phone, I have a tracker for emergencies.
Who are all those people calling?
Do they people they are calling NOT have a job?
People at work on constantly checking their phones.
Really, if it was a true emergency, do you NOT think someone would find you?
Ring Ring.....I'm in the women's bathroom, stall 3, need toilet paper!!
It's probably just me!


Do you remember Crank windows in your cars?
No Power Steering?
Actually needing to look and read a MAP!!!
Needing to be "HOME" to watch your favorite show or you REALLY missed it!!
The only channels you had were 2/7/9 and 12!!
FM Radio!!
8-Track and Cassettes!! I still have a BUNCH of 80's music on cassettes that I just can't seem to part with! I can't even play them in our vans!!

I often wonder how many hours are wasted while people at work "cyberslack"?
We didn't have Internet available to all our employees until 2003.
How much more productive were we then?
Did we know our co-workers better?
Did we have better social skills?

Anyway, watch this clip.
(From Susan Garrett's site)
You might realize how spoiled we really are.

I'm also going to copy what she does at the end of her posts.
Something you're thankful for, there's truly so much!



Today I'm thankful for my co-worker who
brought in a bunch of pumpkins to give away!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true.

Marsha K. said...

LOL - "It's going to SPACE, give it a SECOND!" I LOVE that!

tervnmal said...

Very true. I get impatient with the microwave for not cooking fast enough. Can I not wait 2 minutes for a meal? I'm worse than my dogs!