Friday, May 8, 2009

New RIDE!!!!!

Okay, so it's Meme's!! She's letting me borrow it to ride outside so I don't have to disconnect 'Wild Bill' from the trainer every time I want to ride outside. I'm not really how sure how hard it would be to disconnect, I've never done it. G

She has a FANCY RIDE!!! It has 24 speeds!!! I'm just planning on going ONE!!! F.A.S.T., as least downhill with a strong tail wind. It features a 'wide seat', perfect for those beyond middle aged butts! Two water bottle holders, yet to be tested and wide upright handle bars. These are MUCH easier on your arms than the ram horn ones. (I think I know what it must feel like to ride a rocket motorcycle) I'm sure I'll have a lot more wind resistance. WHO CARES!!!!!



I'll have to find a special place to keep it. Probably in the new building covered in a sheet. Once I dress it up with my "Goofy" horn and some orange handle bar streamer I'll be ALL SET!! Okay, a little air might be required in the tires.

My find Monique from work said she's like to ride her bike to work a few times. I told her we should start in May.....we'll see if we ever get it done. I'm only working 3 days next week and I'm off the following week.

It's been a BIG DAY!!!

I also got some 'new' shampoo. The swimming pool has been hard on my hair, it's rather crusty when it drys from all the chlorine. Last week I finally resorted to wearing a cap (Which is fine the first 1200 yards. Then it begins to feel like the top of your head is being squeezed off. I can only imagine how stupid I look! I'm in denial however, and just avoid ALL MIRRORS!!

Oh, back to the shampoo. Having always had 'darker' hair, I have ZERO experience with the purchasing of chlorine removing shampoo. I don't even want to guess what my natural hair color is right now. I never had to worry about 'green' hair, mine just turned red. I guess red is more acceptable than green. So, I'm looking for the shampoo and I can't find ANYTHING!!!! Finally an ORANGE bottle caught my eye!! Imagine that!!


So, it's for kids. It's a 2 in 1 shampoo! Swim and Sport! Refreshingly Clean, removes chlorine.
It has a detangler and it's Tear Free!! I'm probably going to need this AFTER the race...wait...maybe during??? I love the name! Flippin' Citrus Squirt! Cost $1.88

2 comments:

tervnmal said...

Orange handle bar streamers would rock! People would get out of your way during that portion of the race . . . probably in total panic. ( :

Anonymous said...

It's a nice bike. Not very "sporty" however. I think you need some orange paint to go along with the orange streamers.