Monday, May 25, 2009

Ever feel RIPPED OFF?????

Have you ever lived with something for 4-5 years and then
became aware that it's NOT what you thought?

I have been 'unknowingly' living a lie for a number of years and
unfortunately I have involved all my friends.

I guess an apology is in order, or in the very least an explanation!


Other parties involved....the ducks. Yes, our 10 innocent little ducks. Left to right we have Portman, a Rouen female, Big Bird, a Pekin female, then 3 Indian Runners, far in the back a harlequin female, next to her is 'Festus' , a Khaki Campbell (so named as she has a limp from being tramped by the 60 other Khaki's we were raising at the time) Don't know who Festus from Gun Smoke is? I don't want to hear it! Watch TV Land!! Fulton is the handsome Rouen drake with the green head. Portman and Fulton are ALWAYS together! Than another Runner with a tuff on her head, we call her Kramerette, and a white harlequin, daughter of the other harley and she's called Uno. She was the only egg that hatched.

Now that you know the cast of characters involved. I'll tell you the lie.
Do you see the brown and white runners with the little tuffs on their heads. Kramerettes is the most obvious, but the two on the left have smaller tuffs too.


Well, I was reading my current book (see book list), which is called 'Enslaved By Ducks'. The go through several ducks due to raccoon attacks. The author really likes the looks of the Indian Runners, his wife...not so much. So, as ALL you women out there know..... he would NEVER get a Runner!! So, then he notices a 'runner' type duck with a tuff on top of it's head. He's told, 'that's a Bali Duck. WAIT!!! What!! I re-read and then waited patiently while Bill finished up on the computer!! No, I did NOT push him off the chair!! I did want to!

So, I used my trusty Google and here's what I found......

http://www.domestic-waterfowl.co.uk/bali.htm

(Insert Picture HERE) - Sorry...Copy Rights listed on the site.

Look FAMILIAR??

Okay, so I'm sure they are NOT pure Bali....but not only was I sold "Runner" ducklings at the price of $1! I'm getting white eggs vs. the possible green to blue that the Bali's lay!

Oh well, they are rather cute!



2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

I wonder what the return policy is? I'll bet you need to fit them back in the origional box!!!

tervnmal said...

Hope you kept your receipt. If you bought them from LLB, you could get your money back, no questions asked!