Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bill's Tomato Plant........

Last weekend we were in WI for a couple private agility lessons with Seeker.

While watching Television there was a commercial for a "Topsy Turvey", it was a plastic bag in which you planted a tomato plant in the bottom and it grows downward. The first time it came on, Bill pointed it out. The second time he said, "Look at THIS".....the third time he was trying to sell it to me!! It was $19.95 and if you ordered right then you got a second one FREE....plus a perfect tomato slicer! $19.95 plus shipping and handling. WHAT A DEAL!

They have web site, he wanted me to check it out since we had Klinger with us. I told him he could do it on 'his' time! G I don't think he ever did.

So, while on vacation this week I thought I'd give it a try with something we already have at home. Terry and Barb gave us a come "jet star" tomatoes that I had put into pots. So, I took a milk jug, painted it Bill's favorite color, 'blue'. I took one of the tomato plants and carefully put it through the top. We'll see if it works...but I sure don't know why it won't and it was FREE!!!!

The Red Neck Topsy Turvey!

Stay TUNED!!!


2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

LOL - ya gotta love the redneck version!!!

tervnmal said...

The dogs won't be picking ripe tomatoes off that one. Probably.