Saturday, May 16, 2009

1st Floor Woes - at the hotel

We're staying at at hotel in Eau Claire, WI for Seeker to get a couple lessons. Okay, Tammy too.
We've stayed at this hotel each time we've come up here, this is the 2nd time. It's a nice hotel, it's not too expensive, they have a little coffee maker in the room and GREAT POWDERED SUGAR DONUTS!!! It's almost 6 am and I'm about ready to roust Bill out of bed to head down for the 'feeding frenzy'!! Right now he's buried under three dogs, so it could be 'tricky'.

Oh, back to the hotel. I know people LOVE first floor rooms! I do too when it comes to hauling my junk up there stairs! It does burn calories however, so I can have a second donut! Bill doesn't appreciate second floor as if he's with me, he usually carries and I potty dogs. So, this weekend we have a first floor room.

The door side of a first floor room is if you have a LOUD person above you. UGH!! Do they NOT think about the people below them? Obviously, the answer is NO!! Last night about 9 we got people above us. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was just one person and they were practicing their NAZI marching drills. STOMP STOMP STOMP from one side of the room to the other. What the heck could they possibly be doing up there? It's not like they are huge rooms and you couldn't be THAT forget full! Luckily, after about 30 minutes it quited down. We later figured...it was because they LEFT!

So, at 11:20, guess who's BACK!!! Yep, we 'were' sleeping!! Not any more! I HATE THAT!!!

So, this morning when I got up at 4:30 am, I thought to myself.....hum.....someone probably needs a wake up call. Now, I've thought about this in the past, but haven't ever followed through with it. I was going to just dial the number above us, but I wanted to be sure I had the correct room. We're in 140 and so I would assume they are in 240. GOOD THING I CHECKED!! Nope, 246!! So, back to our room I went and picked up the phone......."246", it rang 3 times and I get a weak "hello"....HA!! HOW'S IT FEEL!! I didn't say that of course, although I would have liked to. I just disconnected....CHICKEN!! I did feel better however.

Bill asked what the heck I was doing and I told him. Funny thing is, he thought the same thing, but was too lazy to get up and check. He said he would probably have just dialed the 240 number. POOR people in 240!!!!!

It's gonna be a great day!!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Good job U!!!! I have always wanted to do that - I think it's my "passive-aggressive" side! :-)

tervnmal said...

You are evil. I love it!