Saturday, January 24, 2009

Childhood Toys


We got talking about childhood toys last night and I still have some of my favorites. Breyer Horses and my Johnny West collection.

I don't even know how many Breyer Horses I have, I'm guess over 40. They are packed away in cardboard boxes and would take some time to re-pack.

I don't have quite as much JW stuff, so I thought I'd get it out, just for fun and take a few pictures.

Anyway, here's your trip back in time.........My Johnny West Stuff. It was WELL used. Played with out in the yard and scuffed up. No keeping them safely in the box for me! The boxes are long gone, but the memories are forever!

I knew Johnny was missing a hand, turns out he's missing BOTH!! Not to worry, I have two Johnny's and one has both his hands. Here he's also sporting his plastic vest/hat and rifle with it's case!!

To the right is the whole Family!!! Johnny "No Hands" and his twin brother. The "wife" and her daughter, and who can forget Geronimo! They all have jointed elbows and knees, which are a bit rusty now. Gee, just like MINE!! I guess we've all aged! Here they are lined up with the covered wagon.

Where's the cover? I actually do still have it, but it's made of vinyl and it was folded up was a bit brittle. I wasn't willing to take the time to open it properly and I didn't want to break it, so I put it back in the box.





Here's the girls pony, Pancho...I think that was it's name?


















The Bay Horse below must have been more "modern" as it's legs are all jointed as well.









Below the whole Family takes a ride in the wagon. I still had the harness, it's pretty awesome, it has all the proper pieces. I love the details! Apparently this horse is very well trained as it doesn't need a bridle or reins! Alas, some things were obviously lost.







Finally, the red horse. He actually has wheels under his hooves, which makes the cart ride smoother. I think I might have to get these for Adam and Saphira! G



1 comment:

Marsha K. said...

I am so jealous!!! I don't have any of those any more. Let me know when you get wheels for Adam and Saphira - I WILL be there with my camera!!