Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Inedible Pork Plasma

What the heck???

Driving home from work this afternoon I pass (imagine that!) a Semi Tanker with a caption of "Inedible Pork Plasma" on the back!!! OMG!!

The first picture that pops into my mind (I'm a visual person) is a bunch of little pigs laying on their backs with needles in their little legs while squeezing a ball. I'm not sure how they squeeze the ball, but it was MY image, so work with me here! There are pigs collecting their $75 donation fee, and those other pigs objecting to being weighed, and of course those pigs that have consumed poppy seeds and being turned away. Totally Oinked off I might add. Oh, the ever changing saga of the Pig Plasma Bank.

The second thing that pops into my head is all those thoughtful pigs that have donated their plasma in order to save all those "ill pigs" of the world. How kind of them, for a few dollars, to be willing to take the time to donate so that other pigs can live a better life. I picture the pigs working the phones at the actual Bank, checking to see who's at the top of the list for "need". How many Pigs can be saved with a WHOLE TANKER OF PLASMA!!! WOW!!! How unselfish is that!!

The next thing I think about it is - What Trucker in their right mind wants to pull Pork Plasma across the Country? Imagine the looks they get as they pull into a McDonald's for a Pork Tenderloin! When they back up do you suppose it squeals vs. beeps?

Then you start to wonder, what do they REALLY do with this stuff. A lot of people eat blood sausage, but apparently this is "past it's prime", as it's inedible. If you ask me that puts Pork Plasma in the same category as blood sausage, but I like to combo circus peanuts and a Pepsi, so I probably don't have much room to talk.

So I searched the Internet for uses and yes, even found a couple blogs that had pictures of the exact tanker I saw. Well, I'm sure there's more than one. Pork Plasma is sold as a by product along with all those other yummy parts, tongues, ears, snouts, brains, etc.

All this talk of food has made me HUNGRY!!!

Hey Honey, would you please pass the Chitterlings!!! Maybe top it off with a little of that Pork Plasma!!! ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Marsha K. said...

what would happen if there was a pork plasma semi accident?!?!?