Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seeker's Favorite Toy

Last year Seeker got a toy at a Christmas Party. Actually, it was to be shared with all the dogs, but Seeker claimed it as his own. It's consists of a wide strap of nylon that is covered in canvas which makes up the body. The body doesn't have any stuffing, the stuffing is in the feet and head- the head also has a squeaker in it. We got the purple rabbit. THANKS MICHELE!!!!

For the last year this toy shows up and becomes a favorite for awhile and then disappears. It's usually located under the sofa or bed while vacuuming (which doesn't happen often enough around here) and funny enough, it's like getting a new toy all over again.

Seeker tosses it in the air, shakes his head and bangs it against his body. He rolls upside down with it and tugs while pulling with it between his feet. He really LOVES IT!!!

During the last year, "Bunny" has gone through MANY changes. First his ears went, then the squeaker and stuffing got pulled out. Now, his head has completely disappeared and we're thinking it's seriously time to find another one. I don't even know how many times it's been in the washing machine! (See evidence below)


So, last night I hopped on the Internet. I can't believe I'm actually going to look for another DOG TOY!!! We have two huge totes full of dog toys from agility trials, brand new!!! But, no, I'm actually going to spend some $$$ on a "special" toy. Is that warped and wrong or what? How much can this toy actually cost anyway??

So I check out the back of the toy and I can still make out "FAT CAT INC", I head for that web site and I can get the 3 toys above for 39.95 + S/H. Um...NOT!!!! Hello!! Look again at exhibit A above! It's NOT going to last!! Unless we vacuum less, which is always a possibility!! So, being the frugal Internet shopping, I do a Yahoo Search to see what other options I have.

I found a couple for around $10 each + S/H, which isn't too bad. Then I found the "holiday" versions on E-Bay. Okay, so the rabbit is pretty ugly, but at just under $10 including S/H it's a GO!! So, I ordered 2 (which is all they had - $18) and soon Seeker will have a brand new bunny to toss , chew and tug on.

No wonder companies make a MINT off dog owners!! This is proof positive....WE WILL BUY ANYTHING to keep our dogs HAPPY!!!! It would have been cheaper to just go buy a thick Nylon strap at the craft store!!!

Happy SHOPPING!!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

OUCH!! That kid needs to be easier on his toys or have less expensive taste!!!

Got Syzygy said...

Oh come now....I know you're little dogs are a lot harder on their bunnies!!! I've heard the stories!! G