Sunday, January 11, 2009

Now what Have I DONE!!!!

Do you ever want to kick yourself?

HARD?? G

Me too, some days more than others. I can't believe in a "weak" moment that I agreed to do a triathlon with Julie. Not, as in a part of it, no, the whole swim, bike, run thing....by myself!! What the heck was I thinking??? I told Bill what I'd done and he asked me, "If someone told you it would be fun to jump off a bridge, would you do it?" In response I asked, "How deep is the water." He just shook his head and walked away.

Okay, so back to this triathlon. I know the 5K run won't be a problem, however I have to survive the other two events in order to get to do that run. Looks like some planning might be in order!!!!

So today Julie asked if I'd like to go to the Lap Swim in CR for a bit. That would be great! This will allow me to how much swimming I'll need to do in order to be prepared. Heck, I swam a lot as a kid, I was on the swim team, and I swim with the dogs in the summer. How hard can it be?

We arrive at the pool. How far do we have to swim, I ask. The swim is .5K, Julie assures me that it's not very far. I'm now mentally figuring in my head, if 5K = 3.1 miles..... .5K is ....dang, where's a piece of paper when you need one! Well, it can't be that far!!

So we get in the pool and start to swim. Wow!! This is FUN!!!! I should mention here, I'm only 1/2 way to the end of the pool on the start of my first lap. I reach the end, turn around and head back. Wow!! This is a lot of work!!! I've now completed my first lap and I have to stop for a break. All I could think about was, good thing I like the group, "Drowning Pool", cause that's what I'm going to be doing!!

Julie stops to talk with me. I asked if we were done yet, she informs me, no! We need to do 20 laps before we can leave. 20!!!! She then explains that the actual swim will be 13 laps and you won't be able to stop at the end or push off, so you'd better get use to it. OMG!!!! Where's the gun just shoot me now!

We survived, we swam. Julie did 20 laps.....I'm not sure how many I did. Less than that! LOL

I called my sister Dawn right when I got to the car. Being the supportive, loving, sister she is, She wasn't home!!! She wasn't available when I needed her the most! (Did I mention that she is a certified triathlon trainer and competitor??) So, I had to leave her a "G" rated message on her answering machine as she has younger children. It went something along the lines of, "OMG!! I'm freaking going to DROWN!!! What was I thinking!! I really need to start cleaning the house so it's tidy for my funeral!!!" She called me back laughing. Yep, I could so feel the LOVE!!!

I haven't even started the bike training yet. YIPPEEE!!!! Julie did ask me if I'd want to do Ragbrai this year. HELL NO!! I told her without hesitation. GOOD GIRL TAMMY!!! "Not even one day?", she asks. "Well, maybe for one day I tell her. If it's close!"

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST DO!!

No comments: