Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Seeker - The BC with Teeter OCD!

Seeker completed a TWO hour (and I'm probably shortening the time frame here!!!) Teeter drill Monday night.

I know!! No lectures please!! One really should NOT work a dog over two hours, especially on Just ONE obstacle! But, when the drilling is "self induced"...what is one to do??
(Besides get a DIFFERENT breed!!!)


When I got home Monday I really wanted to get some planting done, so I put the dogs out front. I didn't have a tie out for Mad yet to prevent her from eating too much critter poop (see prior post) ....although I could have used twine to show my RED NECK side!!!! G

So, I'm working and checking out front to make sure that the "Seeker Dirt Removal and Tile laying Company" was still OUT OF BUSINESS. What I see makes me run for my FLIP!!! (see below)

Seeker is circling (NOT THE WAGONS), but the Teeter!!! Of ALL THINGS!!! He was racing around it like a dog possessed! He was trying to figure out how to jump on the high end of the board. (we've been working on jumping up on the higher end and riding it down Sunday night - I hadn't realized I'd created a MONSTER!!!!)

He'd rear up to try to get to the high end and then run around again. I was getting tired watching him, so I left. Bill got home and I showed Bill what Seeker was doing. He just shook his head and walked away. We went on with our gardening and when I'd check back he was still at that bloody teeter board. His tongue was about a foot long and his sides were just a heaving. We put Kruz and Mad inside and had Seeker come out with us to prevent him from dropping dead of a Teeter Induced Heart Attack!!

HONESTLY!! Maybe someone should show him how to get on the LOW END!!! (':

Later we went back out to help him do the whole thing, but he's totally obsessed with the banging noise that he doesn't really go to the end, just to the drop part and then spins around. Oh well....I guess there's worse problems to have????? Can't wait to start those weave poles!!!

VBG


No comments: