Monday, May 26, 2008

Scooter's Surprise!!!

Funny story to share today......you know how much we LOVE the dog across the road, Scooter. Yes, the same lovely Shep-X that thinks our birds taste like....um, you guessed it CHICKEN!!! g

Anyway, I was sitting in the bedroom reading a book today and I thought I saw a dog go by out front. No big deal, I thought maybe Bill had put the dogs outside for a bit. I notice again as it passes by and it's ...... you guessed it.... SCOOTER!!!! OUT FRONT in the agility yard. OMG!!! The BALLS!!! He was up by the north fence "peeing" on everything in site. I'm not sure I've ever moved so fast!! (barefoot mind you....) I raced out the back door and ran to the red gate and SHUT IT!! Yep, I now have our NEMESES CAPTIVE!!! He was TOTALLY freaked out. BUSTED!!! I was far enough away, but he did NOT want to be there NOW!! Sorry BUCK-O, you should have thought about that BEFORE you came over!

I left him "shut in" out front and then I ran back into the house to announce to Bill that I was once again the GREATEST hunter ever! I've captured a CHICKEN KILLER!!! "What????" was his response......so I took him to the bedroom window and showed him. "Now what are you going to do with him?" he asks. "I don't know, relish in my victory. Watch him panic for awhile. Call Linda and ask her to tell Alan his dog's over here. (maybe not, Alan would get in trouble for not watching him) Maybe bang on the window to freak him out for a bit. I'm not totally sure." I respond. I make my point by bang on the bedroom window which causes Scooter (135' away mind you) to try to dig under the fence. Bill says, "Great, now you'll have holes." I told him that those weeds needed to come out anyway and it's the least Scooter could do.

Alas, Bill started to lose interest....and you think I have a short attention span!!

It wasn't 5 minutes later and I hear a lawn mower start up!!! I look out front! OMG!! Alan (the neighbor) is going to mow their front lawn. I yell at Bill, HURRY!! Back to your station! Stay away from the window, you don't want him to see you!

Bill says, "wait...I need to open the red gate a bit so Scooter can get out". So he runs out to open the gate a bit and races back in. Scooter is too focused on Alan (his SAVIOR) to realize he can now be FREE!!!!

So Alan's still mowing, OBLIVIOUS!! (We could take LESSONS!!) but you know as soon as he turns toward our house he's going to see Scooter in our front yard. Scooter has spotted Alan right off and he's standing at the North fence with his tail wagging....just BEGGING for Alan to save him. Bill and I are on pins and needles as we wait for Alan's reaction.

PERFECT!!! It was SO WORTH IT!!! (I just wish I had my camera). The look of surprise was AWESOME!!! As was his hollering, "SCOOTER, YOU GET OVER HERE!!!!" Of course, Scooter was like...."Dude...I'd LOVE to! Can't....Stuck....Screwed.....F'ed"....... G

So Alan makes one more lap around the yard on the rider and finally stops the mower and walks down our lane. He didn't come to the house, just opened the little yard gate and collected his dog and left. Scooter was THRILLED to be heading for home and didn't even wait for Alan.

Bill asked if he thought Alan would share with Linda where Scooter ended up today. "Not on his life" was my reply. LOL

It was a good day in the neighborhood.......

No comments: