Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Accused of NOT RUNNING HARD ENOUGH!!! ♦

I got a message from my sister Sunday night. Guess what…now she’s saying I didn’t run hard enough. She explained that if I had that much “speed” left in me to allow me to sprint to the end, I obviously wasn’t working HARD enough throughout the run. WHAT!!!!!

So this morning Duane (from work) came over to talk about the Sunday’s race and to thank ‘us’, Dawn, Meme, Brian and Bill for sticking around for him to get his 2nd place award on Sunday. Then he said how well I did….BUT…..you could have done better. OH MAN!! HAVE YOU BEEN TALKING TO MY SISTER BEHIND MY BACK!!!

I told him that Dawn had said the same thing on Sunday night. He said he was glad she said something to me and that he “almost” left me an article on my desk talking about running and how you should run hard ALL THROUGH the race. So hard in fact that you have NOTHING at the end. BH!!! But, since this was my first race he was going to “let me off the hook”, so no more MR NICE GUY. OH CRAP!!!

So …. Note to self. Next time NO SMILING AT THE END!! I’m going to practice my look of ANGUISH and PAIN!! I might even start crying just so I don’t get HARASSED next time. Have the ambulance on stand by PLEASE!!!!

No comments: