Monday, April 14, 2008

NOT your TYPICAL Monday!!!

Yes, it's Monday!! My partner (fellow supervisor) is on vacation all this week, so my workload has instantly doubled. No problem, piece of cake!! I have a lot on my plate as far as work goes this week and I have a TOTALLY AWESOME game plan to "GET'her DONE!!!) Isn't there a saying somewhere out there about "best laid plans"?? Yes, my Monday was sabotaged, but not in ANY WAY I would have expected.......HOLY BUCKETS!!

Let's begin with my typical Monday work day. I arrive at 6 with my 32 ounces of coffee in hand...I'm ready to rock and roll!! I sort through my e-mails, send in needed "useforms", update my weekly stats sheets and LOOK!! It's already 9 am!!! I need my breakfast! I head off the kitchen to make my oatmeal. When I return to my desk I have a voice mail.
No big deal.......OMG!!!! Eyes are BULGING!!!

"Hello, this is Cindy from the Benton County Court House..."

GULP.......

"You were to report for jury duty today and we're waiting for you."

GASP!!!

"Please call us back immediately at ........"

YIKES!!

So I call Cindy, promptly. (I will later realize I should have eaten my oatmeal!)

"Yes they need me, ASAP, they are waiting for YOU!!", She tells me.

No pressure there!!

Um...I need directions I tell her. Thankfully she didn't laugh or I should say, she had the good manners not to laugh at me while I was still on the phone.

I head down to Mo's desk (the only other supervisor in the office today), she doesn't want my OM, but will clean out my bowl (that's a true friend) No, she will not go to the court house in my place (okay, re-thinking this true friend thing)... of course I've just quadrupled her work load, so I'll be buying her lunch SOON!!!

Out to the van I go. I burn rubber all the way to Vinton....breaking all of the speed limits. Of course I'm wearing an ORANGE Sweatshirt. Luckily it's NOT my "State Prison" one. VBG

30 miles later I arrive in Vinton and go to the only tall building with a pointy top. This has "got to be the place." I park in a "County" parking space and hurry up to the 2nd floor. There are about 50 people standing around looking bored, irritated and hungry. I go off to find Cindy and she tells me to have a seat (apparently on the cold tile floor) They will let us know when we can leave. (I'm glad I didn't get there at 8 am!! G)

Some legal glitch....so we go home with no news........call tonight to see if we have to go back for the same fun and games again tomorrow. I'll be armed tomorrow with food and a book. Hum...maybe armed isn't a GOOD word to use here. Prepared...I'll be a girl scout and come PREPARED. Which means when I call this evening they will NOT need me. Fine by me! It wasn't a very exciting day!!

I head to Casey's for a much deserved soda and Cracker Jacks for the ride home. SH*T!! How do I get home?? I came in from the other direction. I call Bill, he doesn't know either. Find 218 he tells me. BH!! FINE!! I made it home!! Hey, did you know there's a Roy Foods in Vinton? I wonder if Rilda's brother owns that one too?? I'll have to ask.

The funniest thing about this .....I was suppose to go last September, but it was during my Supervisor Conference for work. So, I bumped it back about 6 months. (Okay, Bill did it for me.) I got the paperwork a month ago and I didn't fill it out....I hate that stuff! Bill filled it out for me(again!!!) . I didn't write the dates down (Figured Bill would remind me) and he must have forgotten or was hoping I'd get arrested. OMG!! G

I have to be in Kansas City on Friday. Hopefully it will be something short and simple. What could POSSIBLY happen in BC????? Someone molested a sheep?? G

Off to do some SERIOUS running!! My race is now 13 days away....let the count down begin!

Come on SEEKER!! Wanna go for a run?? HAIL YEAH!! VBG

No comments: