Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring is HERE!!!!


Okay, let's be honest, it's been here for a couple weeks...but it really didn't feel like it until Saturday! WOW! Don't you just love warmer weather??

Saturday was a very busy day. I went running, took the dogs tracking, did some yard work (still a LOT to do!!), went for a 9 mile pony ride, and did more yard work!

It's so nice to see the plants starting to break through the ground. Not that it should be too hard with all the snow and rain we've had this year. I noticed a couple peonies that I planted last year and thought were DEAD are coming up!! YIPPEE!!!!

All the "rescue" plants that Nan and I got last May seem to be coming up as well. It will be fun to see what color the iris are. The "mystery" bulbs are coming up as well. They are the yellow things in the picture above. I have NO idea what they are, but I'm sure I will before long. The Painted Ladies are coming back again as well, after their appearance last Fall.

The orange Iris that Meme got me are coming up too. I was a little concerned about them as they were a bit confused last year and were blooming in November. I suppose that's what you get with orange iris? G

I took the pictures above on Sunday morning. Note: we still have a large section of snow/ice between the house and the chicken coop. It's about 2' deep. Hopefully it will disappear soon as that's the only area that I have left to rake and tidy up.

It's always nice to see the "girlies" (AKA- chickens) outside. Of course Scooter (neighbor's dog that kills them) made 3 appearences today. Fortunately Bill spotted him each time to yell for him to go home. Once he was all the way into their pen. UGH!!!

Cougar, the tan cat is such a ham. He follows you like a dog and just LOVES to be picked up. Cher the black torti HATES him and looks for every opportunity to knock him into next week. The full picture of him above has him looking a little cross, that's because Cher is thinking about making her attack.

I worked the colored pony for 90 minutes this am, I don't think she was terribly impressed! G She'll be 4 soon, so time she earned her keep and learned to do a little work. She of course would prefer to be lazy, feed and watered. Hum...where do I sign up for that job!!

A lot more yard work remains, but it's nice to have made a little progress this weekend. I'm hoping by next weekend the garden will have dried out enough to get some taters in the ground!!

No comments: