Thursday, April 17, 2008

If you're from Iowa you can go ANYWHERE!!!!!

Today I attended a "Get Motivated" Seminar that had several well known speakers and a few "not so well know" that pretty much just wanted to sell you something. G As usual I picked out the pieces of information I liked and let the rest flow in one ear and out the other. My main reason for going quite honestly was to hear Zig Ziglar speak. He is so motivating and fun to listen to.

I was pleasantly surprised by Rober Schueller's presentation. Did you know he was born in Western Iowa? Orange City to be exact. He is very much into positive thinking and faith (I suppose that's no surprise) G

He discussed about the importance of "Daring to Attempt". Asking everyone to really think about what their "impossible" dream is. Always keeping in mind that NOTHING is impossible. He repeated over and over again, "If you were born in an Iowa Farm, you can go anywhere."

He also spoke of WOWing yourself and others. WOW for him means "Walking on Water". I liked that. Pretty fun. So let's go out and WOW each other, shall we???

One last thing I thought was really important to remember. Whenever you attempt anything you'll NEVER loose. You only loose if you never try. He talked a lot about the importance of "Looking at what you have left and not looking at what you have lost."

He told a joke that I must repeat, because I thought it was rather funny. There was an Englishman, and Irishman and a German (he used Dutchman...but I like German better since I'm married to one) they are at a restaurant and eating soup. They all notice that a fly has landed in their respective bowls.

Now the Englishman (always be the classy ones) used his fork to scoop the fly out and placed it on his napkin and promptly covered it up.

The Irishman took note of the fly and blew into his bowl as hard as he could. This not only removed the fly, but also a great deal of his soup.

Finally it was the German's turn. He picked the fly up carefully by it's wings and shook the fly out over his bowl, making sure every last drop of soup was off of him. (German's being so cheap they don't want to loose one little bit of soup).....finally he looks at the fly sternly in the face and says, 'come on spit it out'. Okay...it was probably funnier when he said it. G

I'll write about another speaker later...but someone I had not heard of..... Tim Timmons, he was actually a very funny speaker and I really enjoyed him. He had some really great sayings...but one I'll leave you with tonight.

In living you have 2 areas you can chose from.

1 - Disciplined
2 - Regret

So in other words, you're either disciplined to go out and keep trying! Or you can sit back and regret that you never made the attempt.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: