Monday, January 4, 2010

Moving SOUTH!!!

Face it, there ARE really GOOD things about winter.

I do love the feeling of my nostrils sticking together due to cold weather.
I even like the feeling of my eyeballs freezing on occasion.
I also like the fact that the Pony's stalls are easy to clean, since the poop is frozen!
It makes me appreciate Spring and Summer even more!

I don't like dealing with; are frozen water buckets, a frozen toilet: AKA: Moaning Myrtle, (that's Bill's job!), or thawing out the hose to fill the Pony Pond. AKA - the pony's water tank. I could also live without the frozen ice rink which was once our lane! It would be suitable for Hockey were it was only smooth and level.

So, on the way to O'Fallon, IL this last weekend, Bill and I discussed purchasing some land 'down south'. Just a little 'get away' from the coldest of winter months. Something within 4-5 hours, so we could go on the weekend.

We talked about wintering 'down south', maybe just January and February? We'd of course need to bring the ponies along, and my kitties, oh, won't they be THRILLED! Bill balked at the cats, but if he can bring 'HIS' dogs, then I can bring "MY CATS". We'll also need to bring the chickens, ducks and turkeys. This was starting to sound like a LOT of work! G

We thought something just south of St. Louis would be nice. Maybe just 5 -10 acres, with a small house, barn and pasture. As we entered St. Louis and found the temps in the teens....we both decided that it wasn't "FAR ENOUGH SOUTH"!!! G

Back to the drawing board I guess!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

LOL - I was wondering when you would realize that wasn't far enough!! Time to pack up the Ark and move down with Melissa and Jeff!!

tervnmal said...

Even Florida wouldn't be far enough south this week. The poor li'l oranges and strawberries are freezing down there.