Thursday, January 14, 2010

Enclosed Porch!!

OMG!!! They are FINALLY starting to get moving!

With the temperatures improving, I'm hopeful they are
going to actually finish this siding and enclosed porch project!
Might it actually be TRUE?
Do I dare to HOPE?

Yesterday they got the door and windows in.
The porch is now officially ENCLOSED!
I'm looking forward to having a nice sunny area to read!


Today I stayed home for the electrician to hook up
the recessed lighting so they can put the tin up.

The porch isn't terribly tall, so I thought recessed
might be the way to go for the lighting.

The ceiling will be white tin.
The interior walls will be red wainscoting from our
corn crib that was torn down 5 years ago.
Trim will be old barn boards and the flooring
will be vinyl, with an old wood floor look if I can find it.

The decor will be in JOHN WAYNE STYLE!
TOTALLY WESTERN!!!
Yep, My SPACE!
My old horse collar mirror with hames is ready to hang!
Bill will only pass through briefly!! LOL

Here's two of the 3 lights.
They will probably look better 'in'
the ceiling! G


5 comments:

tervnmal said...

That will look so cool when it's done! But you'll miss those hard workin' construction guys!

Marsha K. said...

That is really starting to come together!! Now you just need Martha Stewart for all those "little finishing touches"!!

Got Syzygy said...

Martha 'Meets' John Wayne! Could be interesting! G

Anonymous said...

Wow - where have I been? I didn't know you were doing this. You will love it I'm sure. Where will you put the TV???

Got Syzygy said...

Well...they started siding on 11/2/09, so it's been on-going. Fingers crossed it's finished by SPRING!!!