Saturday, January 9, 2010

CABIN FEVER!!!!

It is currently -15 degrees (actual temperature) and I just finished a wonderfully delicious bowl of peppermint ice cream. The only thing that kept me from the second bowl is the shivering. Our house thermostat is set at 64 and it seems like it's on more than it's off. I've switched to coffee!!

I know people are saying they have had enough. I'm so past that point!

I'm not even sure I'd be willing to try 'THIS' right now!!!


Oh, speaking of tongues' stuck on steel.
The grossest thing is happening to my roosters
and tom turkeys out in the building.
Their Waddle's "that floppy skin under necks' is
catching on the steel handle of the buckets or
the steel chicken wire. Thus, there's frozen
blood in spots. At first I couldn't figure out what
was happening, then I saw the blood down the front of
on of the Spitzen-Haben Roos. OUCH!!
It won't kill them, but it can't be pleasant either.
Rilda, I'll spare you the picture!

There's only so much inside "fun" you can have.
Seeker has played with Mad as much as possible.
Kruz has help Seeker at bay with the "Hairy Eye Ball".
Mad is in a lap and FINE WITH THAT!

Finally, yesterday afternoon, I'd had enough.
Bill was home and said the "outside" word that
turned heads faster than dog cookies hitting the floor.
FINE!! Let's go get the mail!!

So I grabbed the new flip, put on my coveralls
and headed out the door.
Three VERY HAPPY dogs followed!
Bill came along too, I'm not sure how happy he was?

After about 3 minutes, Kruz had frozen feet
and Bill carried him back into the house.
After 5 minutes the Flip record button would no
longer turn on or off. Luckily, it was frozen ON record!

We were surprised that Mad wasn't cold right off too.
Nope, she was having a blast!
She actually spent quite a bit of time trying
to show us where all the deer meat was!
I think she thought we were STUPID!
She was ready to go in when we were.

NOT SEEKER!
That darn Eskimo Dog! He wanted to stay outside!
NEVER BUY A DOG FROM CANADA!

Here's a little video I made up.




I just LOVE the Muppets!
This is from one of my ALL Time
favorite Movies!
Muppet Treasure Island!

You'll have to pardon the siding pile and dumpster.
They really are NOT our normal decor.
They started 11/2/09 and we hope
they are done by Spring!!

Hark...it's 7:36 am Saturday morning and
I think the County Maintainer just drove by.
That's the Plow Truck for you city dwellers.
THANK GOODNESS FOR OUR NEIGHBOR!



1 comment:

Marsha K. said...

LOL - that's great - perfect music!! I thought poor Mad was going to get stuck in the drift!!