Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Swimming Party!!!

Our 'lap' swimming group, or about half of us and their spouses got together at Wilma (she has the key and the whistle to the pool) and her husband, Larry's house to have a potluck dinner. It was AWESOME!!! Rilda, you should warn Roy that the Amana Brats were AWESOME!! I now have two kinds I'll eat.

Larry and Wilma have two dogs. A nice, older, a bit overweight, mixed breed name Lia la, and a black/tan Afghan hound named, Saphira! NO WAY!!! So, I told Wilma that I have a pony named Saphira. She looked at me with surprise and asked, "Where did you get the name?" I explained from the book Eragon. She told me that I'd have to ask Larry where he got the name.

So, Larry comes out and explains that when he turned 65, he realized that there were still things he wanted to do and acquire. On of those things was to get an Afghan Hound, however they were very expensive to buy. Not to mention that they are members of an animal rescue league and how would that look to go out and purchase a dog. So, he started checking websites and found this afghan hound down in TX. She was owned by a women that had gotten ill and was no longer able to keep her, she was returned to the breeder. Thus, Larry got his dog and he named her after a famous belly dancer in Washington D.C.!!! LOL

Here she is!!!
The Belly Dancer...not the dog! G


They have a wonderful variety of flowers and plants. A very nice garden that's well kept with weeding and such daily. When someone asked Larry how he kept his garden so nice, he gave the weeding credit to Wilma, as it's organic you see. All I could think of was, "Oh NAY NAY!! I believe in chemical warfare". Luckily, my internal voice wisely kept this to myself.

So, then we started talking about swimming and of course the synchronized swimming topic came up. Okay, so maybe I mentioned it MONTHS back in one of my e-mails to the group, but we all had fun with it. So today when I get home I have an e-mail from Wilma.....to the group.

====================================================================

Greetings Everyone!

At our picnic there was some discussion as to whether or not we should switch from lap swimming to synchronized swimming. After viewing the attached, I think this would be a good idea. Let's all thank Jerry for finding the perfect choreography..

Everyone please study and practice the routine below. If you are a lap swimmer, you are REQUIRED to participate. The only exceptions are those over 65 and/or those with a key to the pool. If you have a SO who is a non swimmer, he/she is expected to attend at least three rehearsals to critique. (Ron is expected to attend every single rehearsal.) I have scheduled our first performance in six weeks--providing I can find an audience!!!

Wilma


=================
(I responded......)

Alas, I would LOVE to participate, however, there are several things that prevent me from doing so.....

I lack the nose plugs required.
I don't think I can get my legs to go that many directions at once.
I can't understand the coach.
I don't have eye shadow that color.
If those reasons aren't good enough......
WE CAN'T DIVE FROM THE EDGE!!!!

A couple times I thought for SURE they needed a life guard! WILMA!!!!!!

Luckily, I have a key. Right Wilma? wink wink..

3 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Oh... I am so picturing you with THAT hair, THOSE noseplugs and THAT shade of eyeshadow!! Hot Hot Hot!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet we could come up with an audience!

tervnmal said...

Bill could coach.