Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hotel Hell - Kansas City, MO

I know....it's taken me forever to update my blog!! NOT MY FAULT!!! Well, it is kind of.....you see, I have a baby due in 3 weeks and I'm only 1/2 done with it's blanket. I took the wrong yarn to KC, so now every spare minute is spent, working, swimming, running, biking or crocheting! You get the picture! Or.....maybe you don't. G

So, take a giant step back to last Friday! Carrie and I roomed together at the converted Motel 6 in KC, MO. Now, you all know what the typical Motel 6 is.....dumpy, tiny, cramped, dull.....that pretty much sums it up. This one was said to be a converting from either a Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's. We could really "nail" anyone down on which. Needless to say, we were pretty excited about our "up scale" accommodations! After all, we're known to sleep in our vans!

So, we arrive and Carrie goes in....since the reservation is for "one", with one 20lb dog. I look at Addie.....um.....someone might need a diet! (More on that later!!!!)

Carrie returns about 20 minutes later. I didn't time it, but I should have! YIKES!! She's a bit frustrated and we haven't even seen the room yet. It seems that the clerk tried to get her into a queen (one bed) for $10 more a night. She said she had registered for 2 full beds for 35.99. He asked her why she needed two beds. She said that her and her "20 lb dog" (I think she left the weight part out), like to spread out and have their own beds!! Luckily she had her on line registration with her. She asked for a 1st floor room, of course they didn't have one, we are full. I might interject here that there were 3 cars in the lot! She asked if it would at least have the microwave and fridge that she requested. Microwave, no, it's in the lobby, but it would have a fridge. So she accepted the key and we make our way to our second floor room.

The room was actually very nice. It was HUGE and the furniture, bed spreads and curtains were all new. Um, no fridge. We found the spot the fridge should be and there was a nice little safe....but no fridge. Carrie was NOT happy....but, we had all our junk in, so oh well.

Of course Carrie only had one card, she said she would have had to tell another "lie" (which she doesn't do well under pressure), to get another one. I told her, maybe her little 20 lb dog needed her own! She agreed, that that is probably what she would have said. Well, it's a good thing we only had one, because they must have been running out of card sleeves!! See below. We were in room 117.....wait, that was the second room....first we were in 209. G

I guess this is called recycling???

So, we're over the initial shock of no fridge. Actually, I was over it before it started as I really didn't need it. Carrie only needed it for her chocolate milk! LOL So, we unpack our "supper". I'm going to have a turkey sandwich. Kruz and Mad Dog are laying on the bed, and my sandwich is stilling on a paper towel while I'm putting things away. Addie is on the floor and not seeming to notice my sandwich at all. All of a sudden I notice some strange happenings and Addie had taken a corner of the bread and a slab of turkey. I didn't think much about it, I just went IN!!!! Oh, no you don't little dog! You give that back. Poor Addie, she just stood there with my hand 1/2 way down her throat. I was able to retrieve the turkey and broke it in 1/2 for Mad and Kruz. No, I didn't put it back on my sandwich! G

So, Carrie makes her sandwich and she pulls back the covers to climb into the bed. Um....HAIR!!! OMG!!! LOL So I check my bed, it's perfectly fine. I'll add here, Carrie picked her bed, so she can LIE IN IT!!! Apparently that was the 3rd strike. While Carrie called down stairs, I pulled out the point and shoot to take some evidence. Too bad it doesn't have a macro lens...but you get the general idea.



So, he tells her to call back in 10 minutes and he'll find some sheets. Carrie, now gets to make her own bed!!! He calls back and guess what, he doesn't have a key to the laundry, so he offers her another room. She asked, will this one have a fridge. He asks, did you request one? Carrie is really frustrated now. Yes! So, feeling rather cocky now, she asks, "Will it be on the first floor?" He says YES!! Hum....amazing how that happens! So she goes down to pick up the key.

She comes back, shaking her head. She said he wanted her to leave the other room key. She explained that she had to move her stuff out of this one first. UGH! She did check out both beds and they appeared to be "hair free". We also had a MEGA big fridge! WOW~~~

So, when she goes to return the key the poor guy tells her just a minute. He's taking his BLOOD PRESSURE!!! LOL Carrie DID IT!!! She returns the key and then asks if she could have a do not disturb sign. He said, we're all out!! OMG!! Once we were settled, it was a nice hotel and we'll stay there again!! Making sure to bring our confirmation along of course.

Below is the little turkey stealing 20 lb Addie!! Apparently she'll eat egg salad too!



4 comments:

tervnmal said...

OMG! And people wonder why we like to camp! Honestly, it's easier and sometimes a lot cleaner!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff. Carrie frustrated??? She seems so shy! I'm sure you didn't egg her on any.

Marsha K. said...

Ugh - Rilda that was BAD!!! Egg her on...

I'm sleeping in my van from now on!!! (the hairs did it!!)

Stephanie said...

Oh Tammy! I have missed all your infamous hotel stories!! Too funny!I finally signed up to follow your blog and am sure I will enjoy reading about all your adventures!!