Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baking Soda REALLY DOES put out Fires......

Just in case you ever wondered about that....it's TRUE!!!!

I wish I could blame Bill for this one, but he's safely outside and I so KNOW I'm going to get the hairy eyeball when he comes in and all the windows are open!! I'm so lucky it's windy outside!!

I've been busy all morning doing different things and it's mid afternoon and I'm HUNGRY!!
So I thought I'd boil some eggs to make some egg salad sandwiches. I put 10 eggs in a pan, put it on the burning, turn it on high and leave. I return a few minutes later to see if it's boiling and imagine my expression when I have a FULL BLOW FIRE!!! SH*T!!!!!

The whole large burning is a-flame (is that a word??). Crap!!! I never could tell my right from my left!! Apparently I'd turned on the Left burning (which "had" a plastic cutting board on it), vs. the right which had the sauce pan of eggs! Of course I pick up the cutting board and it has this nice imprint of the burner on it. FOCUS TAMMY!!! There's still fire. So I grab a dish towel...and swipe at it a few times. F!! It's not going out. I give it the ole birthday candle try! NO GO!!! Who ever said I was full of hot air it WRONG!!!! S! !SS!!! S!!!!!

Oh, it hits me!! Baking Soda!!! Thank goodness I just cleaned out the refrigerator a week ago and opened a brand new 2007 box!! I rush to the fridge, open it and my SAVIOR!!! I grab the box and dump half of it on the burner!! YIPPEE!!! It's OUT!!!!

I look around and the house is in a fog. Luckily the dogs are outside with Bill, so it's just me. I opened every window in the house and the temperature is dropping at record pace, but the air is clearing!!!

Our poor Stove!! Yes, it has a name - Sherry Bake Oven. We got it "third" hand from a gal at work 9 years ago when she got a new one. So, it only had two working burners!! The oven works!! Gosh, I wonder if we're down to one burner now??

Who left that cutting board on the burner anyway????

BILL!

FOR Sale - One slightly used Magic Chef Stove. Oven works along with one burner. Price negotiable.
Free cutting board with purchase!
Pictured below.

PS -
Bill is still outside....would anyone like to volunteer to explain this to him???

You almost can't smell the burning plastic anymore.......ALMOST!!


2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

EEEEWwwwWWWWWWwwwww!!!!!!!! NASTY!! Just don't tell Bill - he'll never notice!

tervnmal said...

I know what to get you for Christmas: a new cutting board and a BIG box of baking soda. Is the nasty melted plastic smell gone yet?