Friday, February 6, 2009

My Nephew - Vaughn

I'm sure you'll hear a LOT more stories in the future about my nephew Vaughn. He is a very "colorful" guy and has the greatest sense of Humor!! He will be 8 years old in April and is in the second grade.

I received this e-mail from my sister, Dawn, earlier this week. It was rather funny, so I thought I'd share. A little background on Vaughn. He received a report card a few weeks ago with the following comments.

Strengths - Vaughn gets along well with others and has a lot of friends. He has a good sense of humor and likes to have fun.

Areas of Improvement - Vaughn needs to be sure that he's using his sense of humor at appropriate times.

So, as you and see, he's fun little guy. Although I must admit, he's NOT so LITTLE anymore!

Daphne is my 12 year old Niece. She's a great kid! She is thoughtful and NEVER does anything wrong. Not that she doesn't have a sense of humor! She loves practical jokes, but she's more aware of what's appropriate and what's not. Unlike and brother....and....possibly her Aunt. G

---------------
E-mail from Dawn -

Remember the report card?

Ok, we were at church on Sunday. It was a moment of silence and Vaughn lets one fly. It was a low rumble that vibrated the pew. He thought he could giggle, until he got the look from me. I’m just glad there wasn’t an unbearable odor! OMG!!! I think Daphne could have died. She was sitting next to a cute older boy.

Later in the day I went to talk to him about the proper thing to do. Lord help, me I couldn’t keep a straight face. I was laughing too hard and pinching my hand - HARD - and that wasn’t making it stop. He was laughing hysterically by now. However, thank goodness the Mother in me came to life. I began to fake cry, which was easy because of the laughter it wasn’t much of a stretch. They kind of sound the same. At first he looked confused. Then after a brief moment of reflection, he became very sorry and gave me a hug and apologized. LOL!!!

Daphne came up to me later and congratulated me on my fine performance. LOL!!!

------------------------

Now, growing up Catholic, let's face it, it's hard to sit through those long masses!! I'll have to remember to tell Vaughn what my bothers and I use to do with communion. I'm guessing I was 8, so my brothers would have been 9 and 11. Dawn was only 3, so didn't get communion. Anyway, for those of you that don't know - for communion you walk up and the priest gives you a little wafer. Truth be told, they are nasty little flat rice cakes with NO FLAVOR what so ever. Anyway, this occurs toward the end of mass. So you have about 5 minutes left and then you get to leave. So, the "challenge" was to see which of us could still have the wafer when we got to the car. Now, be aware these wafers are starting to "melt" and they are not tasty. So, I guess it's not too terribly surprising that Vaughn is following in those foot steps.

GO VAUGHN!! I'm sure God has to pass a little gas now and then too. G


1 comment:

Marsha K. said...

ROTF - that is sooooo Vaughn! (sometime you gotta blog the hose story!)