Monday, March 15, 2010

NEW STORM DOOR!!!

We got our new storm door put on today!!!!

Why so excited??


After 10 years of having a door ripped out of our hands by an East wind, Bill might actually have found one that can survive!! It's a very heavy door, with two pulley backie things (technical term). It's comes in any color, as long as it's white. That was the only down side, it's rather boring. But if it stays ON, WHO CARES! I'll just paint the white boards around it a dark color, that should help. It's so heavy, we'll need to be sure the cats are out of the way or they could lose a tail....or worse!

When Bill started looking, he asked, "so what do you want." I told him, "I really didn't care, as long as it stayed on!!" I might have dropped the "F" bomb a couple times, it's hard to say. I told him that if the door came off again, that the whole south side of the house had best follow along with it! As much as this door cost, It HAD BETTER!!

Oh look at the cute little kitties. Chemi is the gray Tort, she's 11. Chatter is the white one, I'm guessing he's close to 3, he just showed up last winter. I guess 'word' gets around that I like cats. Finally, the cream colored one is Cougar. He's about 3 as well. Seven year old Cher didn't choose to be in the photo op without reimbursement for her time. Not to worry, she'll get 'hers'!! I just order kitty vaccines today! SSSSHHHH!!!!! Mums the word!



The inside of the newly enclosed porch is coming along. It might be done by next winter? Honestly, I think they should be done this week....but I'm not holding my breath. It's looking pretty good I think. I know, it looks like the outside of a barn! Isn't that great! I have to dust off my old horse collar/mirror combo! This little 5.5' X 17.5' room will be the nicest one in the house! I'm looking forward to having it done so I can sit out their with a book, a cat and a cup of coffee!! Here Kitty Kitty!


2 comments:

tervnmal said...

Good luck with the door. We know how windy it gets at your place! I'm sure the pullie-backie thingies will do the trick. LOL

Marsha K. said...

It's looking great - I can't wait to see it in person!!!