Sunday, July 19, 2009

A weekend HOME!!!

It's seems strange to be spending a weekend at home. Oh the things we SHOULD do!
Getting Bill to agree is another story!! So we did some putzing this weekend, not accomplishing anything too challenging. I guess he's leaving that to ME while I'm on vacation this week.

It was quite cool for July, but nice enough today to get the pool out for the dogs and let them have some fun. It was also a time when I could get the camera out and do some shooting. I don't do it often enough and I'm trying to make an effort to do it more. Where does the time go?

First of course you have to fill the pool. This usually results in a game of spray the Border Collie. Portuguese Water Dogs do NOT play this game. In fact, most PWDs will NOT play in the baby pool A pond or lake, yes, baby pools are for ..... um ...babies or in our case Border Collies.



Seeker and Kruz play their own special pool game. Seeker likes to be 'in' the pool splashing, and Kruz likes to run around the pool snapping at the spray. I don't ask, and they don't tell.
It seems to work well for them, so we leave it be.


It's not long after a brief pool outing when Seeker realizes someone left the teeter up!!!
YIPPEE!!!!
He doesn't care who's watching, the teeter is up and I MUST PLAY!!


So, after few minutes of springing back and forth on the board and I announce.

GAME OVER!

So, we're going to head back to the pool and WHAT!!! A chicken has come into the yard!
This is "cat women", she's a smart hen and comes up to the house looking for left over cat food.
Apparently she's NOT so smart when it comes to using the dog's swimming pool.
Lucky for her, our dogs don't really care much about the chickens.

Fortunately, we have a Border Collie that will help RID us of our pesky chicken.
THANKS KRUZ!!!

Next comes a fun game of fetch!!
With one of the favorite toys, the green moon.


Does this look like a dog with a foot injury?
Mad is recovering after a nice little snake bit.
It's looking much better, but it's still suppose to be wrapped and soaked twice a day.
Apparently she's pulled her wrap off!


Who ME????




Seeker grabs the toy and races to the pool!!!
More Border Collie games and the toy ends up in the bottom of the pool.


Mad is appalled!! "What did you have to go and do that for?"
"BOYS!! UGH!! Border Collies!! Double UGH!!"

After awhile we put the dogs in the house and sit outside on the porch to have our lunch.

This hen is called "Nosy Rosy".
She is very food motivated and you can easily pick her up.
Well, if you're eating something that is. G
I picked her up while eating my brat and she literally took a bite of my food right from my mouth!! OMG!! I'm glad I wasn't biting down!

She's a very cute little bird, hungry, but cute!



Remember those turkeys I got on April 15th?
Well, they are GROWING!!!
I have two toms, this is the larger of the 2, which leaves of course 3 hens.
They are very interesting looking.
It really does make you think of dinosaur when you look at them.
Sometimes his head is all red, I'm not sure why?
This one is starting to fluff all his feathers out like he's tough stuff.
Lucky for him he won't make it to the Thanksgiving table 'this year'.



Now I'm off to have a Harry Potter Marathon Movie watch!!
We're going to see the last HP movie tomorrow night!
I only have the first 3 movies, but that should get me in the HP swing!
Plus I can get some MUCH needed crocheting completed on Jennifer's baby blanket!

2 comments:

tervnmal said...

What a great day for a pool party! Enjoy your "vacation." I'm frantically cramming, trying to finish re-reading HP & the Half Blood Prince before the movie tomorrow night! About 200 pages to go!

Marsha K. said...

Glad you got a lot done!! LOL I did about the same thing this weekend. Betty thinks boys are pretty... (well... I won't tell you the word she used!!).