Thursday, July 23, 2009

Painting Projects

Home on vacation and guess what....I'm PAINTING!!!
It seems like there's always something to paint.

This week has been so nice that my projects are focused outside.
Yes, PROJECTS, I can't seem to stay focused on just ONE!!

My goal is to get the chicken coop and the chimney on the house
painted this week. Just to be clear, our chickens do NOT live
in the chicken coop, they live in the hog house.
I know it's confusing, but just trust me.
The hog house, not that's a whole other vacation project!!!

So, yesterday I got quite a bit of the chimney painted. As far as the
ladder would reach. Then it was up to the roof where I couldn't
recall how I'd managed to paint the front "South" side of the
chimney 7 years ago. I vaguely remembered it involved a rope.
So, I stuck with the other 3 sides of the chimney top yesterday,
saving the 'more challenging' side for today.

Well, I'm happy to report, it's DONE.
I'm obviously still alive to tell about it.



I have to go back upstairs and put the curtains back up in the window on the right.
Yes, I had to hang out that window to get the east side of the chimney.

You'll notice there's still a patch that needs painting. The ladder won't
quite reach. I'm going to try to talk Bill into moving it into
the planter and holding while I paint. He wouldn't last night,
but today he might be tired of my complaining about it.

So, how did I get to that 6' section facing south?
Well, you have to climb the roof and hold onto the chimney.
Yep, that's the only way!
Unless of course you have a taller ladder!

If someone would have thought ahead, they wouldn't have
painted the part you had to hang onto! UGH!!!


Oh well!! I'm DONE!!!
Well, with the first coat anyway!

Behind my 'arm' is the chicken coop.
It houses our recycle stuff, our grill and our excess
agility equipment. It's about 1/2 painted.
Luckily, most of this can be done WITHOUT a ladder!

Well, off to finish up painting!!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Well, I know who to call when I need the inside of the new house painted!!! You won't even need a ladder!

tervnmal said...

Make it stop. You're making me tired.